Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Uthgaard is apparently back as a developer.
Kanras and Haynar have still been plugging away at bug fixes, so I'd imagine the rest of their crew are around too. I'm not sure who is responsible for epic progression now that Xzerion isn't a dev, but I hear Uthgaard had a hand in Kunark so he's probably working on velious too.
I would not expect to hear anything until epic drama dies down and Kunark content has become old, but a Velious beta late this year (even if the beta runs for 6 months) seems pretty likely. The more complex the quests, the more time you'd want people to spend on them testing before release. And once Kunark becomes stale, they can do rounds of 'forced beta' again without too much crying.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Orc

I wouldn't be upset if they had to release Velious in stages. Maybe we could get Iceclad Ocean first, then Eastern Wastes, then Crystal Caverns, etc. It could be a way of easing the load on the devs.

Show some dev love on P99! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

i can see velious coming out this year possibly, though in 2 months itll be a year that kunarks been out, so i personally hope that by the end of this summer or beginning of this summer itll be out
Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i can see velious coming out this year possibly, though in 2 months itll be a year that kunarks been out, so i personally hope that by the end of this summer or beginning of this summer itll be out
Pretty much just read Shiftin's post, it sums up everything. Dev's have more or less grown tired of it. Red99 was the last motivation they had and look how it turned out.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Should we dig up the posts about how kunark/vp/epics/red99 were never going to be released?

The whole server has always been on a slow march forward. Not fast enough for some people, but rather than look impatient themselves, they make unfounded assumptions about how the dev team works.

Development and beta testing began 4(?) years ago, server didn't actually go live until late 2009. 1.5 years later we got kunark, and in the last few months we saw the hole, vp, epics, and a pvp server. But because Kunark has been out for 10 months that's enough for some people to start saying the management has stopped caring.

Anyway, I'm mostly posting in this thread so I can more easily find and bump it when Velious comes out so shiftin et al can eat their words.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blither [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't be upset if they had to release Velious in stages. Maybe we could get Iceclad Ocean first, then Eastern Wastes, then Crystal Caverns, etc. It could be a way of easing the load on the devs.
Terrible idea.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravingar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 was the last motivation they had and look how it turned out.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Kobold

What will the discussion pertain to after Velious has been active for 6 months? Server population stagnation? Everyone saying their goodbye to all their virtual friends? Argument over Luclin?... no rush on velious please.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know, but I can't wait to read about it on the forums.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reflux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What will the discussion pertain to after Velious has been active for 6 months? Server population stagnation? Everyone saying their goodbye to all their virtual friends? Argument over Luclin?... no rush on velious please.
Nilbog has quoted before people suggesting things like custom content. Possibly branch the two servers - one stays locked at Velious, one continues on with custom content.

But it's all a long ways off. It'll depend on who all is around at the time Velious is finished, and what they feel like doing then. They have lots of options (custom content, go on with Luclin, or something where they try to continue on in the spirit of the expansions, with the content, but keep game mechanics more classic). It'll be interesting, I just hope they don't decide to let it sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Closed Thread