Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-17-2022, 09:47 PM
Orc

Not much to add to this that hasn't already been hashed out but here's the DAP rules that would apply here.

They didn't agree on a price so really whatever the porter gets they get, a few folks mentioned you just take the good with the bad and that's honestly the way to do it. S Sometimes getting a C2 is great when it's busy, sometimes you port one person in a 2 hour window so it's less useful than you'd think. Either way it's a game, sperging out seems like a weird path forward.

4 Greed will not be tolerated of any kind! You may set your own prices for ports or other services, but do not argue with a client over the fare received if the price was not agreed upon initially. You will get stiffed from time to time but just bite your tongue and move on.

7 Avoid the words "donations" or "tips" when advertising your services as we are a pay-for-port service and those words can have mixed meanings. We do however encourage members to advertise free CRs and help lowbies and new members as much as possible.
Old 04-18-2022, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seidin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much to add to this that hasn't already been hashed out but here's the DAP rules that would apply here.

They didn't agree on a price so really whatever the porter gets they get, a few folks mentioned you just take the good with the bad and that's honestly the way to do it. S Sometimes getting a C2 is great when it's busy, sometimes you port one person in a 2 hour window so it's less useful than you'd think. Either way it's a game, sperging out seems like a weird path forward.

4 Greed will not be tolerated of any kind! You may set your own prices for ports or other services, but do not argue with a client over the fare received if the price was not agreed upon initially. You will get stiffed from time to time but just bite your tongue and move on.

7 Avoid the words "donations" or "tips" when advertising your services as we are a pay-for-port service and those words can have mixed meanings. We do however encourage members to advertise free CRs and help lowbies and new members as much as possible.
I wonder if Castle has any rules for their members?
Old 04-18-2022, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Not once in my 10 years of playing on the server has a porter set or mentioned the price of the port beforehand. If they don't receive the payment they expect, then whose fault is that?
Old 04-18-2022, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Periodits ain't cheap.
Keep a stack of cats eye agates for this purpose.
Old 04-18-2022, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once in my 10 years of playing on the server has a porter set or mentioned the price of the port beforehand. If they don't receive the payment they expect, then whose fault is that?
When I’m on my blue wizard and feel like porting I advertise ports as 30pp each (excluding planes). The funniest thing is the number of people that claim “they would have paid more” if i “wasn’t greedy” and advertised ports for free/donations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-19-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I’m on my blue wizard and feel like porting I advertise ports as 30pp each (excluding planes). The funniest thing is the number of people that claim “they would have paid more” if i “wasn’t greedy” and advertised ports for free/donations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fully believe that to be the case.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-19-2022, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the names of your characters? If you’re so confident that you’re right, why not post who you are??
Old 04-19-2022, 06:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the names of your characters? If you’re so confident that you’re right, why not post who you are??
Perhaps he meant 10 months as his join date would indicate? Or maybe I am just extremely, um, lucky? My very first port with someone from DAP, the guy told me he was supposed to ask for 1p per level, but he made exceptions for new players.

I had been playing 2 weeks.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:35 PM
Kobold

That guy was grooming you to become a "good tipper", AKA a chump.

Pro tip: if you throw all of your wearable gear in your bags you can get free ports by claiming you're on a corpse run.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pro tip: if you throw all of your wearable gear in your bags you can get free ports by claiming you're on a corpse run.
This guy fucks

Enough with these entitled dru/wiz expecting med/large pp tips for casting a spell. Not everyone has 500kpp on their mule from doing nothing with their life but play P99 for years on end.