Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally no one called you guys most evil. You’re not that special. Individually, many of you are quite nice (although many of those, like Dromo, likely opposed this).

As a group, you’re pricks. Not special pricks, not anything unheard of before in online gaming, EQ, or even just on p99. You’re just regular, run of the mill pricks.

Go ninja loot more and tell yourself you’re just misunderstood. You seem quite adept at motivated reasoning, so I’m sure when you /gquit you’ll convince yourself it was for some good, non-shame based reason.
I am not in Seal Team lol, or play on Green. The arguments against waking Sleeper are simply silly.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

sorry no warder loot
Old 04-14-2022, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not in Seal Team lol, or play on Green. The arguments against waking Sleeper are simply silly.
LOL so you’re not just an idiot, you’re an idiot who loves pointless trolling. They did it out of spite, they admitted as much and called the rest of the server sheep compared to them, the wolves. They’re pricks, and you don’t even have the bad excuse of internal delusion to explain why you’re pushing back on the fact that they did it from spite.

Cheers to a new ignore add.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Figured this was as good a place as any to post my story and feelings regarding the sleeper waking.

I started Lobnor day 1 of Green with the hope, not expectation, of seeing some legacy content. As a married man with 2 younger kiddos and working overnight I knew my chances were fairly slim. Lobnor was about level 32 in January 2020 when the “married man” part changed, which put me out of the game for a couple months while I got my life in order. By the time I returned to the game in March 2020, COVID had hit and the Guise line was in Endless Mode. I think I made 34 when they got removed.

No problem. I enjoyed leveling up in Calamitous Intent and scoring a Plane of Hate BP before Kunark dropped, messaging my friend “I won EverQuest” at the time. Shortly after Kunark, CI merged into Kingdom and I had a serious decision to make- how serious am I about raiding? I reviewed Kingdom’s policies and attitude and decided to jump in. Since my schedule was random and awful, I could jump on raids on my days off and stock up on DKP to make smaller purchases, which I did (JB BP, Cloak of Piety, Spear of Constriction, PE hammer) and I got to see content I hadn’t previously, like VP.

When velious dropped I didn’t really expect us to be blitzing for keys. And I was not alone in noticing guild leadership was prioritizing KT on quakes, but it made sense, since we were still trying to develop our strategies for Zlandicar, Klandicar, etc. and as far as we knew ST had made their stance on not wanting to wake the sleeper clear, so there wasn’t any pressure really.

As we started prioritizing keys I didn’t expect to get one anytime soon, having somewhere around 15% RA. But when ST announced they’d be waking the sleeper it shut down any hopes I’d had of seeing warders. As a Shaman I wasn’t exactly after their loot but was upset for my guildies who stuck with Kingdom knowing we’d “get there eventually” and had it all shut down on them.

To Seal Team, I have the following to say: Thank you for at least announcing when you’d be doing this. I was at least able to witness the event firsthand and assist in the server protest of killing Yelinak before the Sleeper could get to him. If I wasn’t going to get to experience warders on p99, I at least got to have some kind of hand in the event. Also, if you guys actually wanted to KILL the sleeper, maybe this wasn’t the best way to go about it? It took a 3-guild alliance in POP era to do it on RZ, so if the goal was to give it an ACTUAL go, waiting longer and letting more guilds get in on the Warders for a while so they would feel more at peace with the idea of waking the sleeper would have been a better way to go. To pull off something like that In Velious era would require multi-guild cooperation, which is definitely not earned by pressing the Sleeper button before anybody touches Warder loot.

Anyways this was way too long, but hope it was of interest to somebody. The event itself was a blast I just wish it had come a year later than it did. I did pick up some of prenerf CoS’es and Elder Beads so I at least got SOME legacy content. It’s just tough with a family and this is the last piece of legacy content on the server. I’m sad to see it go.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL so you’re not just an idiot, you’re an idiot who loves pointless trolling. They did it out of spite, they admitted as much and called the rest of the server sheep compared to them, the wolves. They’re pricks, and you don’t even have the bad excuse of internal delusion to explain why you’re pushing back on the fact that they did it from spite.

Cheers to a new ignore add.
I don't mind if I am on your ignore list. You aren't making yourself look good here.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Sorry you all couldn't kill The Sleeper like your better forebears managed to do 20 years ago.

All hail RALLOS ZEK - Best of the Best.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 04-14-2022, 06:57 PM
Banned

Seriously it's depressing to see how mad people are over this. Just because some ST person said they did it out of spite, who cares? They *didnt* do it out of spite for months, it's part of the game, and they earned the right to do it. And it barely changes anything. I wonder what some people play this game for when this is the end of the world to them, yet they accuse the top guild of being spiteful? Even though it was a conflicted decision? Grow up.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously it's depressing to see how mad people are over this. Just because some ST person said they did it out of spite, who cares? They *didnt* do it out of spite for months, it's part of the game, and they earned the right to do it. And it barely changes anything. I wonder what some people play this game for when this is the end of the world to them, yet they accuse the top guild of being spiteful? Even though it was a conflicted decision? Grow up.
Well said!
Old 04-14-2022, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you all couldn't kill The Sleeper like your better forebears managed to do 20 years ago.

All hail RALLOS ZEK - Best of the Best.
He was only killed because mob regeneration was broken that patch, which is why they originally despawned him. It's never been legitimately killed and no one expected it to be.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure why you think I am "way too into this ancient game" or a "eq scientist". A basic google search can tell you which servers have awakened the Sleeper.

https://kotaku.com/the-surprising-an...rqu-1785741600

From the article: "Waking “the Sleeper” Kerafyrm was a one-time-only event on each server, and Rallos Zek was the last one on which Kerafyrm still slept."

I am not the one who is mad about Sleeper being awoken, you are. Otherwise why would you keep accusing people normally playing the game of "loot denying" when that isn't even the case?

It's not rhetorical sleight of hand. Again, saying random nonsense is not an argument. Sleeper, like Manastone, is a limited time event. There is no reason to be mad that a limited time event is over, limited time events are par for the course in P99.

The rest of your rant just shows that you are mad you didn't get Warder loot. It's fine to be mad, but accusing Seal Team of "loot denial" for just playing the game is super silly.
I could care less that the sleeper was woke you idiot

You're trying to claim sleeper is like manastone being removed by developers. It's a stupid argument that has no basis and i've already pointed out multiple times how they are not remotely the same thing.

Sorry you're butthurt that you were proven wrong