Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're coming for gay marriages and gay relationships next.
I mean when you look at the polls, these are widely accepted today. Its like going after legal weed.

Its going to come back to bite them. Society/culture has changed... they have not.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have no idea what life is like.
You dont even know me, bitch.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Groomers copin and seethin
Old 06-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You left out that electric cars cost twice as much that’s the reason.

White progressives are the same as white privileged slaveowners you just assume everybody’s rich.

You have no idea what life is like.

You’re over here talking about how you want the world to be like Star Trek.

Just wait. The market will make it that eventually.

Stop using white supremist authoritarianism to force it.

Electric cars = neo nazi
Not only twice as expensive. We don't have the infrastructure to support them. We don't have nearly enough charging stations, we have an electric grid that may not be able to support the increased demand, we have a lot of apartment and condo residents that can't charge at home and would have to schedule hours out of their day to charge...

We aren't ready yet.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by walfreyydo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont even know me, bitch.
I know what your message is about.

That’s what matters.

I don’t care about you you’re just a messenger but you’re delivering the message that I speak of.

If you’re trying to tell me that you’re a poor then fine I don’t care.

If you are then I bet you don’t own a Tesla.

But if you do then I apparently knew you pretty well because I just nailed you.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

You cant unring the bell. Sorry that truth hurts
Old 06-24-2022, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But there is no constitutional right to contraception. It's just not there. Just like abortion. It's not in the constitution, anywhere, no matter how some lawyers try to spin interpretations of amendments. It's not there.

It's a document from over 200 years ago, these kinds of modern issues are not contained within. They must be dealt with through state legislatures. The founding fathers did not add contraception or abortion to the constitution. They weren't even part of society back then, so to say the constitution guarantees them is quite frankly a lie.

And no, I'm not talking about how flawed it is to rely on a document written over 200 years ago and does not adapt with the changing times. I'm talking simply about what's contained within the constitution, and abortion and contraception are not there. Simple as that.

I guarantee 99% of the people freaking out over this decision have no clue how the Supreme Court even came to the flawed conclusion in Roe vs Wade that abortion was a constitutionally protected right. They have no clue. They also have no clue that this doesn't make abortion illegal everywhere, it just means it's up to state legislatures because it's not in the constitution.
You don't understands how this works. Every time the court rules on something it becomes part of the body of federal law as laid out in the constitutional framework. The court gives rights by definition and has been doing so forever. It should not be in the business of taking rights away. Ever.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't understands how this works. Every time the court rules on something it becomes part of the body of federal law as laid out in the constitutional framework. The court gives rights by definition and has been doing so forever. It should not be in the business of taking rights away. Ever.
Even if the court itself invented those rights?

I suppose the Libs 'only have to be lucky once.'
Old 06-24-2022, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if the court itself invented those rights?

I suppose the Libs 'only have to get lucky once.'
Pretty sure they need to get lucky a few hundred times
Old 06-24-2022, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/st...41347931918337

Quote:
All abortion in Texas, including in cases of rape & incest, will now be illegal by the end of July, 30 days from today. "Doctors could face life in prison and fines up to $100,000 if they perform abortions in violation of the law," per @TexasTribune
Closed Thread