Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-27-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

hmmmm
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2023, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5671 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who enters a typically camped area such as the the UG throne room.. sees every mob cleared except for the named yet doesn't even bother to look around to see if there's somebody nearby camping and just makes a bee line straight to it and starts wailing on it? Seriously who the fuck does this? Every fucking newb by level 15 knows about camps.. I'm not buying all these fucking excuses guys.

#TeamHewch
Could be years before you see another Scryer.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:42 PM
Orc

Give it up Jason. You didn't win this one. It happens, take the L and move on.
Old 03-27-2023, 10:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall O Lead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give it up Jason. You didn't win this one. It happens, take the L and move on.
If they do nothing about Hewch's antics am I to assume that means it will be a legit tactic to camp steal and train others with mobs at my own discretion and use it as a means to grief them while pretending to the good guy who was trying buff them? Yes 20-30 people in this thread really think Hewch did me some great favor by doing what he did. For the record I would never train mobs on somebody without at least conferring with them first to see if that's what they wanted done and I certainly wouldn't root mobs right on top of them. I think even the Red server prohibits training mobs on people.. I could be wrong there but I swear I read something to that effect. If I ever even didb something like that accidentally I would be healing the motherfucking shit out of them I had the means (and a 60 Shaman certainly does).
Old 03-27-2023, 10:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be years before you see another Scryer.
What does it matter... do the P1999 policies and rules somehow not apply in Upper Guk? Or do you need to be in a top five guild for anything to matter.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:09 PM
Kobold

How could Axiom do this?
Old 03-27-2023, 11:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see you've lost weight. Congrats!!
Old 03-27-2023, 11:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason5671 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the difference between an in game petition and a forum petition? Because the in game petition has already been sent.
In-game sometimes bugs and doesn't get processed by the server, or it gets read and forgotten, or you aren't online when it's gotten to, or any number of things. Forum is a near guaranteed response to all reasonable petitions.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
What does it matter... do the P1999 policies and rules somehow not apply in Upper Guk? Or do you need to be in a top five guild for anything to matter.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Top 10 Ways a 60 Sham who inadvertently pulls a camped mob
could handle it

1. Running to the zone. Takes all of 30 seconds to run to zone out/in.

2. Root mobs. Back up to wall then /camp

3. Root/slow mobs. Msg person camping asking whether they
want help killing. Proceed / back off based on response

4. Kill mobs. Msg person camping an apology but allow them to loot the mob. They dont get the xp or satisfaction of killing it themselves but at least they get something. Likely they wont be as angry about it.

5. Hold aggro while msg to person camping to finish off the mobs for full xp and loots. With any luck they'll let u share in those lewts.

6. Root mobs at least 10 feet away. Apologize for the mistake and leave the area. Optionally give buffs first.

7. Tell camping noob you got the FTE so its rightfully yours then snicker when they just give you a blank look.

8. Offer a /duel for the right to take the camp.

9. Kill mobs together and do /random 100 for the loot rights

10. Park mobs nearby and allow campers to slow /mez/ whatever till they have solid aggro then leave area.