Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Something I noticed about D&D today is that it's marketed much the same way a lot of MMO's are: Easy Mode.

A lot of people stray away from the custom route. I miss the DM's who would build entire worlds behind their campaigns.
I also can't find unique miniatures anywhere. Everything's pre-painted and what not.

Ultimately though I just wish I could find some place to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Kobold

i always make up my own worlds, storys, dungeons and weaponry.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also can't find unique miniatures anywhere. Everything's pre-painted and what not.
http://www.ironwindmetals.com/catalo...x.php?cPath=47

Not the same as it used to be, but its still better than the pre-painted crap.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

^ Ral Partha.

Fuck everything else.

I still remember spending hours on his shit with my little model paints lol.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.dndlead.com/Ral-Partha/Ral-Partha.htm
This is what you want.
EBay is your best bet to get it prolly.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something I noticed about D&D today is that it's marketed much the same way a lot of MMO's are: Easy Mode.

A lot of people stray away from the custom route. I miss the DM's who would build entire worlds behind their campaigns.

Ultimately though I just wish I could find some place to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree, the DMs that created thier owns worlds, items, monsters etc were always the best. Best world I played in was were no magical items existed.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree, the DMs that created thier owns worlds, items, monsters etc were always the best. Best world I played in was were no magical items existed.
/agree. On a lot of our campaigns only the casters had magic, we may find some small items on the way but generally they were one shot kinda things and even then it wasn't easy figuring out what (if anything) they DID do. No such thing as an identity spell :P So use at your own risk. Might blow up something! Might make the weeds grow and strangle you! More often than not it was a minor cantrip of some sort.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Kobold

anybody ever try to play a kender? there was a random item generator online my buddy used to fill his kender bag and i remember some of the items he had. a rod of turn pink, a coin of listining (if he held it his voice was the only thing you could hear) and gary coleman
Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Love the Cowthulu bag!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.dndlead.com/Ral-Partha/Ral-Partha.htm
This is what you want.
EBay is your best bet to get it prolly.
Reaper has some excellent minis out. The old Ral Partha varied a lot in quality. I still have a lot of lead from then.

I use reaper for my individual characters, and plastic for mobs of monsters. FOr my on the road DMing, I usually bring a bag of POGs and use them.
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Closed Thread