Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Getting an account created

I hope this is in the right sub forum.

I am having serious trouble here getting an account created to play. I have this forum account and then I have to create a login account. It wants me to link my EQemulator so I did that and then I also linked my cell phone number to it and I verified that. However, when I go back to keep completing it wants me to link my EQemulator again and verfiy a phone again. I already did these and they show up invalid now when I try again. I'm just getting frustrated because i'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I try to skip the steps but when I skip the EQemulator it goes to the phone and when I skip the phone it goes back to the EQemulator. I can't get to the account creation step.

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Large Rat

I just wanted to chime in and say this is the EXACT same problem I am having
Old 03-31-2015, 03:06 AM
Large Bat

Yeah I am having the same problem here as well. I put my phone number in, it sent me a text, typed the code in, then kicked me back to the EQemulator again. Would love to know how to solve this problem.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Have you guys tried registering on EQemu only? Skip all the p99 parts, just make a EQemu account then make a LoginServer account on EQemu.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

yep do what tankdan suggests eqemulator.net
Old 04-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Large Bat

Well, I registered on eqemulator.net, same thing happens. Once I link my account to the forum account it linked them then asked for my phone number again, typed in phone number it said this is already linked to this account. When I hit continue it says
'Project 1999 Account already linked to an EQEmulator Account.' Then gives me a forum jump menu but does not allow me to continue the process off registering an account. Still will not let me get to step four of the account set up, keep reverting back to eqemulator when I try to skip the steps. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Large Bat

Sorry, I realised I had gone back to the project 1999 log in, when I ignored all that and went with the Eqemulator login it was fine, had to change to run in compatibility with vista but then it worked fine
Old 04-01-2015, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

glad to hear. as for the rest still having isues - basically dont do any account setup/creation on the p1999 website... create your forum & loginserver accounts on eqemulator.net then use your loginserver account from eqemulator.net to login to the game