Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like an icon that stands out from the other eq ones I hav.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quarm_Logo.zip (73.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-01-2023, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you friends!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
....However in old school EQ Enchanters do remain OP from classic all the way through PoP in reality....
Over-equipped as part of the holy trinity? Yes, surely. Weep. Maximum utility class.

Overpowered? No. Charm as we know it is not classic. I need to see parses of everyone running groups with petted enchanters, or I say, no, it's not classic at all.

Charisma is a vendor stat. Keep it that way. Filthy pets. I gotta piss!
Old 10-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overpowered? No. Charm as we know it is not classic. I need to see parses of everyone running groups with petted enchanters, or I say, no, it's not classic at all.
Go ask the TAKP folks if Enchanters remain OP through Plane of Power. In fact outside of the 'PQ only' change to Monks AC, TAKP remains a great place to see the end point in PoP for where each of the different classes will end up on PQ.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing 3-4k population
lol thats funny because once it got to about 2k the loginserver stopped working.

FUrthermore the client is every bit as trash as TAKP. Guaranteed in 3 months it's less popular than TAKP. What a shitshow. Guess those of us who have been dreaming for a pop-era server with a stable, functional client will have to keep waiting
Old 10-01-2023, 03:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

it requiring discord really is a non starter for me, i can't deal with that overload
Old 10-01-2023, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol thats funny because once it got to about 2k the loginserver stopped working.

FUrthermore the client is every bit as trash as TAKP. Guaranteed in 3 months it's less popular than TAKP. What a shitshow. Guess those of us who have been dreaming for a pop-era server with a stable, functional client will have to keep waiting
God forbid the all-volunteer project that hosts a FREE server has some launch hiccups.

An appalling display of entitlement and ingratitude on your part.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God forbid the all-volunteer project that hosts a FREE server has some launch hiccups.

An appalling display of entitlement and ingratitude on your part.

Sorry but this isn't the first go around. The entire point of the server was that it's a single-box alternative to TAKP in a client that's not a complete and utter mess of a hackjob. And it's been in beta for how long now? Simple things like "chaging resolution without the game closing itself on you and resetting your changes" shouldn't be an issue anymore. A simple thing like a game resolution change shouldn't require ini modifications from the end user, and guess what? You'll never change my mind about that no matter how hard you want this server to be a success. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Xer0; 10-01-2023 at 04:50 PM..
Old 10-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Kobold

I suppose I'm not the only one getting a message from Dropbox when attempting to download the client that it's been temporarily disabled?
Old 10-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

huh. i get disconnected as soon as i try to connect to the server.
1800 online tho is pretty impressive!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread