Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-15-2023, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

I've been reading some of your posts lately and was amazed you didn't know about main hand damage bonus, so I actually wanted to do a thought experiment and pretend it didn't exist, and what you would have seen as good or bad weapons, and it was actually pretty amazing. Some really high end weapons would be worthless, and some things like monk epic fists would make no sense at all to change you to 9/16, but in Velious, you can see how the weapon design for the great weapons definitely went ahead to make use of the lower damage lower delay for primary designed weapons, to capitalize on that bonus.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been reading some of your posts lately and was amazed you didn't know about main hand damage bonus, so I actually wanted to do a thought experiment and pretend it didn't exist, and what you would have seen as good or bad weapons, and it was actually pretty amazing. Some really high end weapons would be worthless, and some things like monk epic fists would make no sense at all to change you to 9/16, but in Velious, you can see how the weapon design for the great weapons definitely went ahead to make use of the lower damage lower delay for primary designed weapons, to capitalize on that bonus.
Lol yeah, I was essentially sorting weapons by damage/delay on the Wiki.

It can be deceiving because many of the top listed weapons are BiS type of stuff that drops from PoG, etc.

But yeah, I was always confused about the popularity of the high end Velium weapons, because to me, they just looked mediocre. No stats, damage/delay seemed unimpressive, etc.

I knew there were damage bonuses at 55 in some aspect, but didn't know about the main hand bonuses. I guess that's why they recommend 60 Monks to use nothing in their mainhand. That makes sense now.

And the fact that it's a flat damage bonus, faster weapons benefit more from the bonus.

Do they have these bonuses listed on the wiki? I used to look up the weapon damage cap levels on the wiki, I imagine they're in the same place.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

I’d recommend new rangers to just go silver swiftblade > woodmans > cek 2h. I wouldn’t even get swiftwind unless you can also afford at a minimum a swiftblade of zek.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d recommend new rangers to just go silver swiftblade > woodmans > cek 2h. I wouldn’t even get swiftwind unless you can also afford at a minimum a swiftblade of zek.
Pair it with some cheap hosh boots (least they use to be)
Old 02-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pair it with some cheap hosh boots (least they use to be)
Hosh boots?

I already have a Swarmcaller and Woodsman Staff.

I want to get my Sky cloak as well.

But I'm interested in these boots you speak of.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Grey_Suede_Boots

I use them
Old 02-15-2023, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh those are nice.

I'm probably years away from getting those.

I currently have a Seahorse Belt (34% haste) and I could see the Sky Cloak in my near future.
Old 02-15-2023, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Yea was just more on the lines of crede suggestion. If ya can get trips loot you can do vp.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Hosh boots don't really fit budget ranger, cos while they may be cheap for dkp(?) they do involve acquiring a VP key, which isn't exactly cheap in terms of time to farm or pp for mq. Trak's teeth sometimes get a bit pricey for dkp depending on how meme vp keying is at the time.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-15-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hosh boots don't really fit budget ranger, cos while they may be cheap for dkp(?) they do involve acquiring a VP key, which isn't exactly cheap in terms of time to farm or pp for mq. Trak's teeth sometimes get a bit pricey for dkp depending on how meme vp keying is at the time.
Really? I have 6 keyed chars it was never hard for me