Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-13-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The ballin on a budget Ranger is SBoZ + Swiftwind and a Swarmcaller at the ready.
If building a solo ranger and you can't afford earthcaller, I'd suggest just getting a woodmans staff for easy swarmcaller swaps, not to mention less ripostes.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If building a solo ranger and you can't afford earthcaller, I'd suggest just getting a woodmans staff for easy swarmcaller swaps, not to mention less ripostes.
That's what I'm using right now.

Fungi Tunic + Seahorse Haste Belt + Woodsman Staff + Swarmcaller.

When I get Swiftwind, I'll probably pair it with a Skyfury Scimitar until I get an SBoZ/Earthcaller.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But just plunk math on raid targets a cek or shovel is hard to beat reliably. Casting between swings, no damage shield or enrage woes is very nice.
I honestly don't use epics much on raids anymore after picking up the shovel, for all the reasons Snaggles just mentioned:

/say Lord Kreizenn in 219s, 283k @1294 | Twixel 21566@98 | Gotyour 19218@88 | Valijk 18714@85 | City 17399@79 | Myhszarny 14019@64 | Guhtz 13509@62 | Trakek 12866@59 | Damages 12786@58 | Cirus 11655@53 | Yendor 11365@52

Epics were parsing around 40-45 DPS plus I had to be careful and use Jolt to counter Earthcaller resists on raid targets. Prior to the shovel, I would usually swap out Earthcaller for an Exquisite Velium Warsword on raids.

I just need better backup haste than a RBB.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-13-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I'm using right now.

Fungi Tunic + Seahorse Haste Belt + Woodsman Staff + Swarmcaller.

When I get Swiftwind, I'll probably pair it with a Skyfury Scimitar until I get an SBoZ/Earthcaller.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Fayguard_Parrying_Dagger

I believe this dagger was BiS in kunark for rangers. Fairly easy to loot if you have an enc/necro or find someone killing in HS north. Just watch out for that aoe proc depending on where you're fighting!

I'd pass on the scimitar, it's pretty slow for primary.
Old 02-13-2023, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Fayguard_Parrying_Dagger

I believe this dagger was BiS in kunark for rangers. Fairly easy to loot if you have an enc/necro or find someone killing in HS north. Just watch out for that aoe proc depending on where you're fighting!

I'd pass on the scimitar, it's pretty slow for primary.
I like this idea, but I hate worrying about an AOE proc...

I'd rather do something else.
Old 02-14-2023, 04:17 AM
Planar Protector

The fashion winner is a crafted velium warsword. 10/18 and looks like a primal 1hs. I think they run like 5-6k.

Ratio wise at 60 it’s about 4% better than the Earthcaller. Granted the effect is what people want, and the sparkles, but the crafted is a good look.
Last edited by Snaggles; 02-14-2023 at 04:20 AM..
Old 02-14-2023, 06:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fashion winner is a crafted velium warsword. 10/18 and looks like a primal 1hs. I think they run like 5-6k.

Ratio wise at 60 it’s about 4% better than the Earthcaller. Granted the effect is what people want, and the sparkles, but the crafted is a good look.
Alright now we're talking. This sounds like a good option
Old 02-14-2023, 11:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright now we're talking. This sounds like a good option
Or, crescent blades of luclin. Looks like knuckle dusters. 10/18 with self AC proc. Just picked one up for my 51 ranger. My plan is to use as mainhand until swiftblade of zek. Currently, have exquisite velium warsword in offhand. Really nice looking and great stats, but swiftwind will replace it.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold16 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, crescent blades of luclin. Looks like knuckle dusters. 10/18 with self AC proc. Just picked one up for my 51 ranger. My plan is to use as mainhand until swiftblade of zek. Currently, have exquisite velium warsword in offhand. Really nice looking and great stats, but swiftwind will replace it.
Interesting...yeah, this is nice. I need to level my Piercing.
Old 02-14-2023, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Interesting...yeah, this is nice. I need to level my Piercing.
piercing def worth keeping up, its just as high as other weapon skills and theres some decent options and even late options (used priceless spear for while).