Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-03-2023, 12:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean has been in Morocco since October on a peace corps mission. He will be back in June and we should hear more information August/September. Smash that donation button, It's happening.
He's playing on a tlp right now.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is even more asinine than the guy wanting a Nazi registration system for AC camp. If I'm not in there first minutes of my own volition with the rest of the neckbeard sweatlord chadbro babymakers right away fighting over bats & bugs then it IS. NOT. CLASSIC.

Edited afterthought: They don't even give us any sort regular communication NOW about things that really need it...you think they've got the time & resources to pull that off?
Im not really a fan of the /list system. But if they're going to take punitive action against people who violate the PNP

Not long ago I logged in to my OOT toon. There was surprisingly no one there. I looked around, 360 degrees. No one. PH was own. But no one in sight. So I sat down, mem'd my spells, and when he proceeded to complain about me nuking "his mob" I told him.. sorry dude, As far as I know you were just unlucky enough to show up a few minutes after me.

There was a whole fiasco with random people sending me tells to "verify"-- as if I would have any reason to trust these people that he called upon. And whent he AC popped I did as I said I would do--- contest his camp until the GM's could verify his rightful claim over it.. and since that never happened I killed the AC and left.

Logged int he next morning, inquired as tot he terms of my suspension. They said it was 7 days for a f irst offense. Despite there being absolutely 0 reasonf or my to believe this guy. I was supposed ot take his word, when he was somewhere else during the PH spawn timer.

So if we're going to implement completely unclassic rules, we at least need a means to verify who is entitled to a thing. Otherwise it is a system that is left open for abuse.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

This discussion reminds me of the discussions that were had about Velious on blue.

Patience and enjoy the game today, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not really a fan of the /list system. But if they're going to take punitive action against people who violate the PNP

Not long ago I logged in to my OOT toon. There was surprisingly no one there. I looked around, 360 degrees. No one. PH was own. But no one in sight. So I sat down, mem'd my spells, and when he proceeded to complain about me nuking "his mob" I told him.. sorry dude, As far as I know you were just unlucky enough to show up a few minutes after me.

There was a whole fiasco with random people sending me tells to "verify"-- as if I would have any reason to trust these people that he called upon. And whent he AC popped I did as I said I would do--- contest his camp until the GM's could verify his rightful claim over it.. and since that never happened I killed the AC and left.

Logged int he next morning, inquired as tot he terms of my suspension. They said it was 7 days for a f irst offense. Despite there being absolutely 0 reasonf or my to believe this guy. I was supposed ot take his word, when he was somewhere else during the PH spawn timer.

So if we're going to implement completely unclassic rules, we at least need a means to verify who is entitled to a thing. Otherwise it is a system that is left open for abuse.
Seems you dealt with some jackass who knows someone. Suspension for first offense shouldn't be a thing, and if it is, then it isn't worth playing on p99. That kind of fuckery shouldn't be tolerated.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe green 2.0 is like all of the epics on the server and must be purchased from seal team
Old 02-04-2023, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This discussion reminds me of the discussions that were had about Velious on blue.

Patience and enjoy the game today, tomorrow isn’t guaranteed.
this ^^

folks swore Velious was vaporware and we got not only that but 2 (1) new server out of it, as well

just chill folks... we're playing this on borrowed time anyway
Old 02-05-2023, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumZebra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this ^^

folks swore Velious was vaporware and we got not only that but 2 (1) new server out of it, as well

just chill folks... we're playing this on borrowed time anyway
This is true. Sad to think but in another ten years the amount of people playing p99 will have decreased a decent amount as people get older, pass away etc

Eventually all of this will fade away quite likely within the next several years so we should all just enjoy the hard work that people have put in to make this server a reality for us for free. The fact that we’re even able to enjoy old school norrath like this is amazing.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

I remember when nearly everyone in the forums argued with me that Green wasn't happening.

Moral of the story: believe the staff when they say something. Also, believe them when they don't say something.

They said there will be another Green, and there will be. But, they've said nothing about it coming this year, or the next (or even the year after that) ... so don't expect it to.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

It must be coming up on a decade since the plans for teams pvp server were mentioned. Do we really need a third blue server before we''ve had the second pvp experience?
Old 02-05-2023, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's playing on a tlp right now.
That's his brother Chad playing. Check his Snap, he's still in Morocco bringing clean water to the children.