Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many hours a day on average?
Hard to tell, as I was a lot lfg, but might be about 5h pure grinding in average.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

It is interesting to see this post...

2 weeks ago we have 3 or 4 posts of complaining of slow XP and now its a post saying its too fast.

I would say its just right, hybrids are xping how they should, and non are xping well.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

^^

It's entirely subjective.

XP is only fast or slow based on your point of reference, which is not objectively defined for every person.

Grinding 5 hours a day would certainly make XP seem fast...Wish I could still play like that. My Necro gets a level about every 1.5-2 hours when i'm lazy.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Definitely not too fast. Any slower and I don't know that it would be as much fun (especially since I have died 3 times in Blackburrow yesterday and am bound back on Odus).

I certainly don't have the endless hours to play like I did 10 years ago.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now imagine being a pet caster and going 1-40 in a week! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just never leave unrest.
Siphus tells the group, 'atomic flea'
Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Kobold

I have an Ogre SK and i just hit 34 today off a rez. 33 took me 1 month of playing on and off.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to tell, as I was a lot lfg, but might be about 5h pure grinding in average.
So it took you a month of playing to get level 30 when you are doing pure exp grinding for 5 hours a day on average.... thats a ton of playing to get to level 30. If you account for your lfg, questing and other errands you are playing about 8 hours a day. So in a month you have put in 240 hours and you aren't even half way to max level when you account for the harder upper levels.

That sounds like a ton of play time for me to get a character to level 50. That would take me about 7-8 months to get level 50, luckily I'm a necro so I can cut out on some of that downtime and level quicker with solo exp.

Everquest is good about having choices with different class/race combos if you want a harder route to 50. Its nice that there are race/class combos that allow a casual player to play beside a hardcore player at end game. I could probably play about 50% - 75% of the total time a troll sk does and stay in his level range.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Leveling would have gone just as fast on live, it's just that on Live everyone was a lot more social. Less grinding it to 50 so I can end-game-omg syndrome.

trust me, roll any hybrid here and EXP crawls like you wouldn't believe.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvelinus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just never leave unrest.
Speaking of which, what level can a necro solo (efficiently) in Unrest?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

30 in a month isn't that overpowered actually. If you're gettin in 5h grindin a day, you're averaging a yellow an hour, little more at lowers, little less at highers. With deaths, this is about where I'd think you'd be going the average route. I'd actually think faster if you min-maxed and looked for zones w/ bonus multiplier. If you'd have gone through Unrest and Sol A in place of the other zones (although HK is almost as good as sol a) you'd be 35 now I believe. I recommend Lguk instead of Paw, believe multipliers the same, but exp always seemed faster to me in lguk than paw. And loot assuredly better. But I mean if you're doin same route for nostalgia, rock on of course.

Am mildly curious what your race is though.
Last edited by Noleafclover; 07-23-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Closed Thread