View Poll Results: How do you say SoW?
S-Ow 148 40.00%
S-Oh 213 57.57%
Other 9 2.43%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

I always felt "So" could easily be confused with the word So in conversation, so I started saying "s-ow" to be more distinctive...It does feel kind of odd to say s-ow though...
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pronounced the same as "So". Out of all 13ish of my RL friends that played (locally), only 1 of them called it s-ow. Was strange, even my guildmates in Detroit, Utah, and even Cali all called it "so". Only knew the 1 guy out of that.
I have had the exact opposite experiance. Been in several guilds in live, team speak and Vent, and have been on a few vents on EQemu, and have never heard anyone refur to it as "So" and always heard "s-ow"

This forum is actually the first time I've ever heard of it as anything other than "s-ow" since I've been playing for a decade
Old 07-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"s-ew", or "wolf me" perhaps?

btw, if you don't pronounce it s-oh, your wrong... go play your Pal-adin or Shay-man and "kwa kwa".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaedain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, what's wrong with Pal-adin? Are you implying Pal-uh-din or Pal-ay-din with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both are chalk board scratching wrong. "Puh-la-din" is correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
s-oh is the obvious choice because sow takes so much more effort to say. And pa-ladin is the wrong way to say paladin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir0nfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, you are wrong. It's pronounced Pal-uh-din.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
s-ow, cause when i started this game that's how my bf pronounced it
pal-uh-din, ^same
kay-nose

idk how to spell those phonetically lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HIS NAAAAAME ISSSSSS <<<KINBUUUURT>>> HE'S A PUH-LAAAAA-DINNNN, AND HE HAS COOOME TOOO TAAAKE UUUUUHHH-GROOOOOOOWWW!!

HIS NAAAAAME ISSSSSS <<<KINBUUUURT>>> HE'S A PUH-LAAAAA-DINNNN, HIS JOB IS TO TOOO TAAAKE UUUUUHHH-GROOOOOOOWWW!!

YES YOU MIGHT FIIND HIM IN INN-AHH-THOOL, LAKE RAY-THEE OR KWAAAAY-NOOOOSSSS, BUT WHEREVER, YOU DO FIND HIM, HE WILL BE TAKING UHHH-GROOOOOOW!!!

HIS NAAAAAME ISSSSSS <<<KINBUUUURT>>> HE'S A PUH-LAAAAA-DINNNN, AND HE HAS COOOME TOOO TAAAKE UUUUUHHH-GROOOOOOOWWW!!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Kobold

straight up - S-OW
Old 07-20-2010, 03:14 AM
Skeleton

It's like when I mow the grass.

Mow is to mo as sow is to so.
Siphus tells the group, 'atomic flea'
Old 07-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Kobold

sow = s-ow
qeynos = quay-nose
paladin = pal-uh-din
Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Aviak

S-oh, just like
B-oh, or
Thr-oh, or
Sh-oh

The list goes on... S-ow just sounds too.... Well... not good.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

S-ow also. Since it is an acroynm - I just pronounce the first letter of every word as it sounds in that word.

S-pirit
O-f
W-wolf

So yea, S-ow. Actually that is a bunch of BS - I just say S-ow because that was the first thing that came to mind.. kind of like Cow.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

yea.. W-wolf... go me. It's early, shut up.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by zs3000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had the exact opposite experiance. Been in several guilds in live, team speak and Vent, and have been on a few vents on EQemu, and have never heard anyone refur to it as "So" and always heard "s-ow"

This forum is actually the first time I've ever heard of it as anything other than "s-ow" since I've been playing for a decade
^ this is pure truth. I too have never heard of it being pronounced anyway other than sow (cow) in all my days of playing EQ live since 2000.
Closed Thread