Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fizzle rates seem strangely high. For my latest circle of spells, it's approaching 30% with maxed skill in the relevant schools.
I haven't tested yet, but this makes me nervous. I am level 58, and my primary spell at the moment is Fist of Karana, a level 58 spell. 30% would make it unusable. I'll have to test tonight.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Aviak

I've noticed a ton of fizzles myself, much more than before anyhow, on my latest spells which have maxed skill , i fizzle 3 times out of 4 casts which adds about another 20% necessary mana in order for me to kill something, which sadly is negating the addition of harvest =p. I tried casting my armor spell which had like 167 skill because i haven't spamed it to max yet, literally 12-13 fizzles before it went off. Can't say this is terrible , but it does add more downtime/more probable chance of having to gate/log agro on a mob due to too much mana burned in fizzles.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell the kids and your spouse to get some characters in game if they want to hang out with you. :-) Treat that someone special to fun-filled night in the Estate of Unrest.. Take the whole family on a cruise through the exotic Ocean of Tears with a port of call in Butcherblock Mountains. Then it's off on the second cruise through Timerous Deep to the dude ranch at Firiona Vie Outpost.
Sweet Post! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Huge thanks as always to the entire staff, cheers!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Aviak

35 shaman - no difference in fizzle rates using level 34 spells on down to 1st level inner fire. Haven't noticed ANY difference in game play - if all patches were like this there would have been no posts in SonyEQ forums and Absor/Abashi would have never been employed.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:03 AM
Kobold

Very nice patch, been longing for Divine Might since I started playing here.
Now I just need to figure out a way to get to Phinny's room ;D
Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Aviak

I will put my lvl 60 rogue 2 cents in about backstab....I hit for minimal damage A LOT...when i disc i MISS ...A LOT... Just my observations. Oh and I fizzle A LOT on alts... haha very noticeable to me at least.

Executioner Assassin
Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Was either melee damage reduced or the damage caps adjusted as part of this patch? One of my level 14 chars used to hit for 40 max damage before patch, but now only hits for 28 max. I'm using identical gear before and after the patch and I've extensively tested this on various mobs.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
35 shaman - no difference in fizzle rates using level 34 spells on down to 1st level inner fire. Haven't noticed ANY difference in game play - if all patches were like this there would have been no posts in SonyEQ forums and Absor/Abashi would have never been employed.
This is because it has been temporarily fixed by reverting back to the old fizzle system, it won't be permanently adjusted until servers go down again.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Developer

Some notes from code that got ninja'd in after this patch:

Test-Src
- Removed hard "calculated damage" cap for < 10 and < 20 players, replaced with weapon_dmg cap.
- Archery weapon_dmg is once again correctly being calculated.
Closed Thread