Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2022, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Official EQ TLP Locked Velious Server

This is a forum post with the idea of EverQuest releasing a Velious locked TLP server. Getting a gauge of interest and waiting my official EQ forum post to be approved. Once it’s up, I’ll post it here for people to leave their thoughts to Daybreak.

I have played on Project 1999 for years and feel like a lot of players will come back to the original EQ with a Velious locked server due to the QoL enhancements that the P99 server lacks. I’ve also played on Mangler, but fell behind quick due to expansions lvl increases etc. A lot of players I feel run into this issue and end up cancelling their membership because they can’t find the time to grind.

Customer service is reliable via Daybreak compared to P99 that’s run independently. Make it a true box TLP server (2 total) that locks at Velious and people won’t worry about grinding constantly with the release of new expansions. Bring back old items (manastone, guise, etc) for a limited time and follow the original timeline up to Velious.

The biggest reasons for this: QoL, customer support, max Lvl 60, original timeline, etc. It allows people who played the game back in the day and currently to explore everything the original game, Kunark, and Velious have to offer, without the worries of grinding exp gear and content.

Per EverQuest’s official Twitter, they stated to post on the official EQ forums to see how much interest there is. Please leave your thoughts comments and let them know you want this. If it happens, I would join and pay for a membership again in a heartbeat.

This is the link to the forum post I’m waiting for them to approve

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/i...server.285696/

Thanks