Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-18-2023, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody said Blood Ember or Greenmist is required to be an SK. We are talking about whats better, for people who want to know. Not sure what is so hard to understand.
You said iksars make bad sks. But your first post in this thread was literally recommending iksars as an sk race. I don’t even think you know what point you’re trying to prove anymore.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said iksars make bad sks. But your first post in this thread was literally recommending iksars as an sk race. I don’t even think you know what point you’re trying to prove anymore.
I am not trying to prove anything. I am posting facts so OP and other readers have the proper information, and can make their own decisions.

Iksars are generally one of the worst SK races. I didn't make the game, I am just stating the facts. I never said you shouldn't play an Iksar, either.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2023 at 08:37 PM..
Old 02-18-2023, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not trying to prove anything. I am posting facts so OP and other readers have the proper information, and can make their own decisions.

Iksars are generally one of the worst SK races. I didn't make the game, I am just stating the facts.
Except you’re directly contradicting what you post. So I think at this point you should stop posting and let people decide for themselves.

Thanks.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except you’re directly contradicting what you post. So I think at this point you should stop posting and let people decide for themselves.

Thanks.
I did not, you can go back and read my original post. You are just trying to "gotcha" me because you don't actually have any evidence to back up your claims. Its a poor attempt.

If you read my post you would see I am talking about regeneration, which both Trolls and Iksars have. Troll is the better race, but some people prefer playing Iksar because not everybody likes Trolls. That doesn't mean Iksars are factually one of the better SK races.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2023 at 08:42 PM..
Old 02-18-2023, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did not, you can go back and read my original post. You are just trying to "gotcha" me because you don't actually have any evidence to back up your claims. It’s a poor attempt.
You recommended iksars for their regen. Then you said iksar sks are bad. You’re in denial.

You’re done.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You recommended iksars for their regen. Then you said iksar sks are bad. You’re in denial.

You’re done.
Not in denial at all. You simply can't understand that there are multiple factors when considering race. Again, this is a very bad "gotcha" attempt because you can't actually back up your points.

I can recommend Iksars to people who don't want to play Trolls if you still want regeneration. That doesn't make Iksars factually better, just better for that specific person.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

By the time someone who actually wants to decide if item A is better with race B reads this, they would be lvl 46 if they just played ANY race with almost any non shit weapon/armor/item combo.
You have just wasted you alls time.
I hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not in denial at all. You simply can't understand that there are multiple factors when considering race. Again, this is a very bad "gotcha" attempt because you can't actually back up your points.

I can recommend Iksars to people who don't want to play Trolls if you still want regeneration. That doesn't make Iksars factually better, just better for that specific person.
Stop changing the facts. You went from “go trolls or iksar” to “iksars are bad”. It’s really pathetic watching you helplessly cling onto your points which you can’t even keep straight.

Give it up, you lost.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

It seems like people don't understand the difference between objectively better, and subjectively better.

There is objectively a best and worst race for each class. Iksars are objectively low on the totem pole for SKs due to their inability to use Blood Ember and lack of Slam.

That being said, if you hate the look of Trolls, AND want racial regeneration, then Iksar is subjectively the better choice for you. That doesn't change the fact that Iksars are low on the totem pole objectively, it simply makes Iksars subjectively better for you.

I think people are mixing these two up, and getting offended.

People also seem to assume that because I point out some races are objectively better than others, that means I am incapable of telling people to play an objectively worse race. This is simply not true. If you are unwilling to play a troll for fashion purposes, I am not going to force you to roll troll.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2023 at 09:21 PM..
Old 02-18-2023, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Shamwowi, you have numerous 60 Shadowknights, myself included, telling you the blood ember clicks aren't a big deal at 60. Don't write off that collectively huge amount of experience. Your own SK is not 60. You get more mileage out of blood ember when you're grinding low blues or high greens. It doesn't get used so often later on, although I've heard of the clicks being used for the rare West Wastes dragon melee solo.

I don't much care about raid gear on this class. Main reason people put raid gear on a hybrid melee is so they can go solo stuff they out-gear. Whoop-de-do (rolleyes emote). That does not impress me any more than a level sixty player beating up blackburrow. That being said, not everyone is so meek as to shelve his own character in favor of a guild bot when demanded by Almighty Guildleader. Someone asks me to do that, I'll tell him to shove it. So high-end min-maxing has some relevance, albeit diminished compared to the raid-centric classes.

Iksars are objectively better than the non-monster race shadowknights at 60. Racial regeneration and AC bonus outweigh a handful of click items that don't get used all that much. As a general rule of thumb SK races can be classed into monster races (slower leveling, but stronger overall) and non-monster races (no experience penalty, but not as many bonuses). I like trolls a bit better than iksars, but it's close.

Danth