Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-20-2022, 07:01 PM
Orc

I mean, I would understand if at some point one of the quest givers say "You need XX faction to do this" Or "Thou needs to be an ally with us" or "You need to warm up to us"...or like Nilbog said when you hand in the note he says " I shall return this but you are not yet ready"

I mean even Diablo 2, which I would say has the most hardcore base of people who hate change, made some QOL changes like gold pickup, fixing 20 year old bugs etc. They even went as far as changing the way Dclone spawns. Surely EQ can do the same thing. You are talking about a time when there where what...3-4 mmo's out there? Not even?

I would assume that if you spoke to devs who worked on EQ back then, they would also say "yeah that was just a bug we never really got around to fixing" Pet windows are a thing when they should not be...so there is that too.
Old 10-20-2022, 07:31 PM
Banned

i'm sure Brad will get right on that
Old 10-20-2022, 08:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm sure Brad will get right on that
Poor Brad died from the clot shot
Old 10-20-2022, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately this is a hard quest. Infinitely easier than in 1999 due to all the info on the wiki.

I’ve gotten boned big times on quests, it’s rough. I’ve turned in like 12 shining metallic robes and never got a robe of the underfoot. I think I’m missing something but my lumps of ore seem to indicate the quest is working as intended. But I dunno.

Sorry this happened to you my ally against the programmers.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:07 PM
Kobold

I'm surprised no one else has already mentioned that the usual test to see if your faction is high enough for a stage of a quest is to converse with the npc about that stage of the quest. Too many players just read the wiki and hand their junk to the npc. But EQ was built as a "role-playing" game and that meant you were expected to converse with quest givers. And more often than not, the npc will say something along the lines of "I don't quite trust you enough yet." when your faction is too low.

Yes, Nibbles, EQ is as good (better, actually) than Diablo 2. But this is not EQ operated by the official game company that supports it so as to maintain their reputation to sell future games. This is an emulator server operated as a work of love. As such, it is maintained as was said earlier, "warts and all."

I'm sorry you lost your items and spent all that effort which you might as well just do over again from scratch. I've been waiting for a reimbursement for coming up on a full year now. So I feel your pain. Please just try to enjoy the ride and chalk up this experience as a learning event.

P.S. There are a lot of us who feel the pain of various broken spells and quests. (Immolate, Reaper of the Dead...) You're not alone by any stretch.
Old 10-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor Brad died from the clot shot
I think everyone knows this person is just an idiot, but just in case you don't this is a false statement
Old 10-21-2022, 02:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think everyone knows this person is just an idiot, but just in case you don't this is a false statement
Coming from a quad jabbed sheep? got it.
Old 10-21-2022, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coming from a quad jabbed sheep? got it.
Brad died in 2019 idiot
Old 10-21-2022, 08:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am on my 5th booster
Way to go champ
Old 10-21-2022, 09:35 PM
Banned

moved to resolved