Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-19-2022, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then it should be fixed that it gives you the items back instead of eating them. Obviously a QOL change which should be made.

Where else does it state you need ally faction for the turn in?
Maybe this isn't the game for you lady. This server is recreating classic everquest, which didn't have your "QOL" changes. I would say try again. If your unsure, use allakhazam to look further into quest info. I say don't give up and try again. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2022, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe this isn't the game for you lady. This server is recreating classic everquest, which didn't have your "QOL" changes. I would say try again. If your unsure, use allakhazam to look further into quest info. I say don't give up and try again. Good luck.
Infectious is right: this place is for people who want to play a game from 1999-2001 ... warts and all. To enjoy yourself here, it's really best to accept that "old bad stuff" is going to be a part of the game ... and you may even find, if you stay long enough, that some stuff you thought was "old/bad", is actually "old/good".

That being said, don't take his advice about Allakhazam, as it has information from live (ie. not 1999-2001) EverQuest. Use http://wiki.project1999.com/ instead.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, don't take his advice about Allakhazam, as it has information from live (ie. not 1999-2001) EverQuest. Use http://wiki.project1999.com/ instead.
Note that the P1999 wiki was created with a large amount of cut-and-paste directly out of then-present (circa 2010) Allakhazam, so the wiki contains some inaccuracies as well. Sometimes that's the cause of issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. The wiki editors have done a good job backdating the pages to P99 specific so it's usually the best source, but not always.

You can use archived versions of EQ sites (Allakhazam, Castersrealm, etc) from the 1999-2001 period without the "tainted by modern info" problem. Downside here is this was a game from 20+ years ago, without present-day datamining, so sometimes people didn't know the answers and there was often conflicting stories to be had.

Danth
Old 10-20-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that the P1999 wiki was created with a large amount of cut-and-paste directly out of then-present (circa 2010) Allakhazam, so the wiki contains some inaccuracies as well. Sometimes that's the cause of issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. The wiki editors have done a good job backdating the pages to P99 specific so it's usually the best source, but not always.

You can use archived versions of EQ sites (Allakhazam, Castersrealm, etc) from the 1999-2001 period without the "tainted by modern info" problem. Downside here is this was a game from 20+ years ago, without present-day datamining, so sometimes people didn't know the answers and there was often conflicting stories to be had.

Danth
You're not wrong exactly, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say that like 70% of the wiki content is more accurate than Allakhazam, 29.9% is the same, and 0.1% (or probably less) is wrong on both, but you can find the right answer on the Wayback Machine.

Oh, and then there's got to be like 0.0001% that's actually more accurate on Allakhazam. But the point is, the wiki is by far the most accurate source of P99 info. By far.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

No argument, Loramin; I agree the P99 wiki is usually best (hence why I bolded it above). The greater point is if someone wants to use some other EQ site, he should use an archived period-appropriate version and not a near-useless contemporary version.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then it should be fixed that it gives you the items back instead of eating them. Obviously a QOL change which should be made.

Where else does it state you need ally faction for the turn in?
Are you referring to this turn in?

Quote:
Turn in the returned unsealed Note, Testimony, Hilt, and Sword to Hayle to receive SoulFire (turn-in failed, returning message 'You have not proven yourself' after Lashun conned 'warmly' at turning in 1000 gold 2 at a time)
If so, I think this would indicate you need ally faction, unless I'm misreading this. I took this to mean "warmly doesn't work, you must be ally" given the last part.
Old 10-20-2022, 03:51 PM
Project Manager

Brother Hayle gives a bit of a warning when a player turns in the Sealed Note.

Quote:
You must honor both the Temple of Life as well as the Hall of Truth and to a high degree. Only then shall you hold Soulfire.
Faction Requirement is warmly.

Added missing multiquest text, pending update.
Old 10-20-2022, 04:31 PM
Orc

He did not say anything when I handed it in...even if he did that message is pretty vague. High degree could mean anything. Amiable...kindly...warmly to me would mean a high degree.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
He did not say anything when I handed it in...even if he did that message is pretty vague. High degree could mean anything. Amiable...kindly...warmly to me would mean a high degree.
I'm sorry to hear your turn in got eaten, definitely been there before, but we could also just spawn with our epics at lvl 1 yet we don't.
Old 10-20-2022, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Epics are hard to get.
Lost but not forgotten.