Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-21-2024, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Are we saying an SK can riposte while laying down?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-21-2024, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are we saying an SK can riposte while laying down?
You can happen to riposte right when you are FDing, which will break FD. Same concept with leaving autoattack on while FDing, as you are swinging your weapon at the same time as you are FDing. These scenarios will not provide a "fallen to the ground" message
Old 02-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Never happened on my monk and even if it did the mobs whacking you would give it away that something failed. Conning a mob would be stupid and not change a thing in such an instance. Same goes for mob casting btw.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never happened on my monk and even if it did the mobs whacking you would give it away that something failed. Conning a mob would be stupid and not change a thing in such an instance. Same goes for mob casting btw.
Just because something hasn't happened to you (or you didn't notice it), it doesn't mean it can't happen. I got 70 "fallen to the ground" messages out of 3221 FD attempts, which is also a rare occurrence.

Telling people that conning mobs is a bad strategy to determine if FD failed is nonsense. Please stop spreading misinformation. This is a great way to check if mobs behind a corner are still running at you, as a simple example.

Also, thank you for agreeing with me that there are other methods to check if FD failed besides the "fallen to the ground" message.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-21-2024 at 02:01 PM..
Old 02-21-2024, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can happen to riposte right when you are FDing, which will break FD. Same concept with leaving autoattack on while FDing, as you are swinging your weapon at the same time as you are FDing. These scenarios will not provide a "fallen to the ground" message
Disregarding severe lag surely this isn’t an issue for shadow knights who r necromancers due to the cast time on the various FD spels/clicks. Is there an instacast FD i’m not aware of?

/pause n, /attack off
/pause n, /doability #fd
/consider

Makes a good start to a fd macro for monk. Obviously lacks the functionality of greying out with reuse timer. I wonder whether it is possible to add that with custom UI.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disregarding severe lag surely this isn’t an issue for shadow knights who r necromancers due to the cast time on the various FD spels/clicks. Is there an instacast FD i’m not aware of?

/pause n, /attack off
/pause n, /doability #fd
/consider

Makes a good start to a fd macro for monk. Obviously lacks the functionality of greying out with reuse timer. I wonder whether it is possible to add that with custom UI.
If I understand what you are saying, you are correct that Necromancers do not have riposte. For SK's, you can riposte right when you finish casting the FD spell, just like you can attack right after you finish casting the FD spell. The point is simply that there are FD fail cases out of the player's control, and thus Toxigen's argument of "FD failure without a message can only be caused by the player" is false.

As you point out, FD has a cast time. This means you can land FD right when a mob starts casting a spell as well, before you have time to cancel FD. This is also out of the player's control, but the result is an FD failure without a message once the spell lands.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

FD “fails” when

A) you fail to turn off autoattack
B) a mob was casting on you and spell landed after a FD.
C) “Player_abc falls to the ground”

That’s it.

A) this is player failure and fixed only by not being stupid
B) this is a combination of player not paying close enough attention or bad luck
C) this is luck. I suspect spell FD has a flat small% chance to fail. Skill level based for monks but with a flat percentage (probably higher% than spell) to fail as well even at max

Prior to this thread I have never seen anyone advocate for conning a mob to ensure FD succeeded.

I mean why would you. The game Fckin tells you if it failed.

DSM was just caught with his pants down not understanding some pretty basic shit about this game. Rather than own it and move on we’re doing mental gymnastics to rationalize and explain away his knowledge deficit.

This thread is hilarious.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-21-2024, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah I understand what this is saying now. Your most recent post was very helpful to clarify. I misread the grammar - I’ve been abroad for a but and my English brain hasn’t fully retaken dominance of my processing yet. Thank you for clarifying.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ah I understand what this is saying now. Your most recent post was very helpful to clarify. I misread the grammar - I’ve been abroad for a but and my English brain hasn’t fully retaken dominance of my processing yet. Thank you for clarifying.
No worries! Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Prior to this thread I have never seen anyone advocate for conning a mob to ensure FD succeeded.

I mean why would you. The game Fckin tells you if it failed.
Troxx continues to give bad advise by not understanding how /con works. You can use /con to see if mobs are still scowling/threatening after you have FD'ed. One useful scenario for this is when you cannot see the mobs.

Please stop spreading misinformation because of your uncontrollable urge to spam/troll threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rather than own it
I did own it. I admitted it, and never denied it. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...71&postcount=6 .

The people who are floundering because they cannot admit that they are wrong is yourself and Toxigen. This is why you are trolling right now, because you are the one doing mental gymnastics in an attempt to be correct. You are floundering so hard you have to put a quote of mine in your signature to try and feel better about yourself.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-21-2024 at 03:54 PM..
Old 02-21-2024, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

I wipe back to front.