Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-19-2024, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fallen to the ground happens on every FD fail.

Hope this helps

godamn you're bad at this game
Factually false, and you can test it yourself. If your FD fails due to autoattack being on or you get hit by a spell, the message does not appear. There may be other scenarios too. Please stop providing misinformation simply because you want to attack other people.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:26 PM
Kobold

bro i'm sorry but if your FD "fails" because you forgot to turn off auto or get hit by a spell, it's simply not "FD failing"; it's user error and game mechanics, in that order.

FD, as a skill in a vacuum, will always display a message on failure.

there is literally never a circumstance where you should need to con enemies while flopped to know you're flopped. you know you failed if you see the message, and you know you beefed it w/ auto or a spell landing if they're still stomping on you.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bro i'm sorry but if your FD "fails" because you forgot to turn off auto or get hit by a spell, it's simply not "FD failing"; it's user error and game mechanics, in that order.

FD, as a skill in a vacuum, will always display a message on failure.

there is literally never a circumstance where you should need to con enemies while flopped to know you're flopped. you know you failed if you see the message, and you know you beefed it w/ auto or a spell landing if they're still stomping on you.
congratulations you just unlocked DSMs full fury, c u in 20 pages
Old 02-19-2024, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and you know you beefed it w/ auto or a spell landing if they're still stomping on you.
Thank you for supporting my point that the "fallen to the ground" message is not the only method for checking if FD has failed. Claiming other people are "bad" because they don't look down to see that message is clearly nonsense using your own example.

Quote:
there is literally never a circumstance where you should need to con enemies while flopped to know you're flopped.
However, you are incorrect about /conning a mob. You can /con the mob to see if they are still after you by checking if they are still scowling/threatening. This is great when you cannot see the mobs. Also, some people turn off their spell particles and/or sound completely, so you may not always notice getting hit by a spell in those cases.
Old 02-19-2024, 01:41 PM
Kobold

sure, man, whatever you say. i never called you bad? lol
Old 02-19-2024, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
sure, man, whatever you say. i never called you bad? lol
Oh I do apologize for that, I didn't intend to call you out specifically. It was a general statement, as other people are claiming players are bad if they don't look for the "fallen to the ground" message. I agree the wording was poor on my part.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:04 AM
Sarnak

DSM, this topic makes you look bad.

How you go from not knowing there’s a FD-message to arguing that you did it correctly anyway because according to you (and literally no one else) FD message doesn’t always appear and then proceed to damage control by thanking people for ”admitting” there’s another way to hit (referring to your /con method)?

That’s just sad.
Old 02-20-2024, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM, this topic makes you look bad.

How you go from not knowing there’s a FD-message to arguing that you did it correctly anyway because according to you (and literally no one else) FD message doesn’t always appear and then proceed to damage control by thanking people for ”admitting” there’s another way to hit (referring to your /con method)?

That’s just sad.
I am not sure why you think I am doing damage control when I never denied not knowing about the message.

I simply do not want false information out there. The fallen to the ground message is factually unreliable. You can test this yourself in game. There are other ways to check if FD failed that are reliable, like /con, watching what the mob is doing, etc.

I am not sure why you think the fallen to the ground message is the best way to check if FD failed when I have been able to check if FD failed perfectly fine without it.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-20-2024 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-20-2024, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

FD Fail and FDing when you're being casted on are not the same thing.

Kittens is a great home for you.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FD Fail and FDing when you're being casted on are not the same thing.
Again, you are missing the point.

Take a look at these two scenarios:

1. FD fails, mob attacks you.

2. Mob lands a spell on you, mob attacks you.

The end result of both scenarios is FD doesn't work, and you need to recast FD. The difference between the two is scenario 1 provides a message, and scenario 2 does not.

Knowing how to look for FD failures without the message is the more reliable route, as there are FD failure scenarios that do not generate a message.