Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-18-2024, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you checked your monks logs yet?
Thanks for conceding the point via continued trolling.

70 "fallen to the ground" messages out of 3221 FD attempts is not very reassuring. This is especially true since you can prove that the "fallen to the ground" message does not show up in some fail cases.

I would advise you use /con, or bind it to a key. It will always tell you the status of your FD, regardless of whether the "fallen to the ground" message has appeared or not.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2024 at 03:12 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Are you scared to check your monk’s logs? I’m confused why you’re so hesitant to look.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-18-2024, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you scared to check your monk’s logs? I’m confused why you’re so hesitant to look.
Not at all. It's simply irrelevant to the topic at hand for multiple reasons.

1. This thread is about Necromancers, which means spell FD is the specific FD we are referring to. SK's use spell FD too.

2. I learned how FD works on my SK, which I have played much longer than my Monk. My SK was my first high level character on the server. As a result, I know how to check if FD failed without using the unreliable and rare "fallen to the ground" message. Using /con is 100% reliable at all times.

3. On a Monk, there isn't a message that appears when you press FD. This means I can't actually tell you how many times I have FD'ed in comparison to how many times I got the "fallen to the ground" message. I would basically just be giving you the number of "fallen to the ground" messages, without anything to compare it to. SK's and Necro's have the "You begin casting feign death." message, or "Your blood ember greaves begins to glow." message in the case of the clickie. This makes it easy to figure out how many times you have FD'ed.

4. You are just trolling right now, which means the results are irrelevant to what you are going to say next. You will find some excuse to continue trolling anyway. If the result is more "fallen to the ground" messages, it doesn't matter because I learned how to use FD on my SK, who got the message 70 times out of 3221 FD attempts. If the result is less "fallen to the ground" messages, you'll just accuse me of lying.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-18-2024 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Sorry DSM but you're just wrong here. You had a lapse in game knowledge. It happens. Move on.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry DSM but you're just wrong here. You had a lapse in game knowledge. It happens. Move on.
I admitted to not knowing about the message already. There is nothing here to indicate I am trying to deny that.

It is clear you keep deflecting on the fact that the "fallen to the ground" message is unreliable, and this is easy to prove.

You are the one who is refusing to accept information from other posters by trying to claim the "fallen to the ground" is all you need to check, which is factually false.

Using /con will tell you if the mob is still scowling/threatening, even when the "fallen to the ground" message does not appear.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Have you checked your monks logs yet?
Still waiting. It would take you all of a few minutes or less.

Old 02-18-2024, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Going back to op’s topic your character died because it’s hp got too low. Try keeping your hp above zero so your character doesn’t faint.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-19-2024, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Still waiting. It would take you all of a few minutes or less.
You can continue to wait then. As I said, I can't actually tell you how many times I've FD'ed on my Monk, because FD doesn't provide a message. The "fallen to the ground" message amount is meaningless when it is compared to nothing. The data I can provide is still 70 "Bazgek has fallen to the ground" messages in 3221 FD attempts.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Fallen to the ground happens on every FD fail.

Hope this helps

godamn you're bad at this game
Old 02-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]