Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-17-2024, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly guys. This isn't the second, third or fourth thread that you guys shit up with your own conflict. It's not even just DSM, both parties take part in this.

Nobody here gives about anything other than players weighing in on iksar vs non-iksar.

If I summarize what I've gathered so far:

Currently cases have been made for that prior to 50, at least with a Z-heart, it matters less if you go Iksar or not. After that it's a moderate to great QoL and especially outside of combat. Once you get VP-staff and other regen items it's less than a 10% hp regen difference in combat. At 50+ outside of combat if you can't be arsed or can't afford beads is where it still to a mild to moderate extent with all the bells and whistles equipped and to a moderate to great extent without. The 7-8 regen difference at 60 once you have good gear will rarely make or break a fight and it won't affect what targets you can or can't kill.

I've made the case for gnome size being a great boon for a class with lulls. You could in theory but not really in practice get a gnome mask to offset this and shrink pots are always an option too. Gnome faction is better too but a non-issue as skelly illusion makes it a moot point.

Non-iksars level faster. I will make the point here too that this to some extent matters at 60 too as death does happen, especially for raiding players. As necros mostly solo this will save a substantial time leveling and especially for any necro that is doing timed spawn camps where the iksar regen doesn't translate into faster mob kill rates.

Fashion will always be subjective but if I understand it most people seem to prefer non-iksar necros. Each to his or her own.
TLDR non-iksar get arch liche to kill themselfs earlier. Iksar get archliche later but still don’t kill themself.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-18-2024, 07:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've made the case for gnome size being a great boon for a class with lulls. You could in theory but not really in practice get a gnome mask to offset this and shrink pots are always an option too.
Does sitting face-first into a wall as skeleton still allow wall-vision?
Old 02-18-2024, 10:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does sitting face-first into a wall as skeleton still allow wall-vision?
Good question. Short answer is not sure but I believe no so you'd the have to change out of form to peek which isn't too bad.

There are 3 kinds of wall vision that I'm aware of

Gnome size: Full.
Halfling: half screen
Female human and dark elf (and probably a few other female models): A wonky sorta edge wall vision where you can't see directly ahead.

So if there's any wall vision to be had it'd be the later one.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAep3eigpsw&start=1592

Here's a female iksar in skellie form (and I THINK the skellieform is the same regardless, maybe someone can confirm) able to do a 50% wallpeek when sitting.
Last edited by sajbert; 02-18-2024 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

I tried with a female iksar online and similarly able to do a 50% wallpeek when sitting.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Actually male iksars can do the same, 50% wallpeek that is when sitting.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure any race can do this while sitting in skelly form, worked fine earlier on my human necro. I imagine it's due to how low to the ground your viewpoint is when sitting as a skeleton.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure any race can do this while sitting in skelly form, worked fine earlier on my human necro. I imagine it's due to how low to the ground your viewpoint is when sitting as a skeleton.
Whilst not as convenient as gnome wall vision would certainly erode that small benefit gnome has.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:38 AM
Fire Giant

Fashion is important but as a necro you'll be a skeleton for most of your career. It's very likely that you'll only see your character model on char select, when entering a new zone, or while leveling because you'll not have the regen to sustain it.

The end goal of your necro is being a skeleton 100% of the time. This sucks for fashionquest purposes and I often click off my skeleton form just to show off my cool robe and weapon collection, but this is important to keep in mind when fashion is a big deal to you.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:59 PM
Skeleton

You can wall hack on male, and female, Iksar without skele illusion. I do it all the time. It's nowhere near as good as Gnome, but you can do it.

Quote:
Fashion is important but as a necro you'll be a skeleton for most of your career. It's very likely that you'll only see your character model on char select, when entering a new zone, or while leveling because you'll not have the regen to sustain it.

The end goal of your necro is being a skeleton 100% of the time. This sucks for fashionquest purposes and I often click off my skeleton form just to show off my cool robe and weapon collection, but this is important to keep in mind when fashion is a big deal to you.
You can see your character model, if you really want to, but you will pay for it with 500 damage. Just hit yourself with Ignite Bones while lich is up. The Illusion from Ignite will overwrite the one from Lich, then wear off in a few of seconds. Once it wears off, you will be you again and still keep the Lich buff.