Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this guy sounds like a turd. I bet you play on red, no? level 15 monk with fungi etc but no one to attack. Now you resort to forum attacks and hate life..lol amirite?

Anyway, so they want a custom encounter, I can deal with that. I just figured they wanted to make make the encounters classic-like. But hey, free is free, I aint complainin =)
What isnt classic? What proof have you provided in this thread? Links from 1999-2001? Anything?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol this guy sounds like a turd. I bet you play on red, no? level 15 monk with fungi etc but no one to attack. Now you resort to forum attacks and hate life..lol amirite?

Anyway, so they want a custom encounter, I can deal with that. I just figured they wanted to make make the encounters classic-like. But hey, free is free, I aint complainin =)
You sound like a retard who doesn't understand how probability or RNG works and uses that ignorance as the basis for a claim that the AC is "custom" despite the fact that the same bug thread you mentioned details nilbog's progress toward make it more classic.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like a retard who doesn't understand how probability or RNG works and uses that ignorance as the basis for a claim that the AC is "custom" despite the fact that the same bug thread you mentioned details nilbog's progress toward make it more classic.
Then tell me, what happened to the PH's? What happened to 9PM to 7AM? Yes, good changes were done in 2013, and I personally was able to see everything was working great in 2014, as I stated. Now all of a sudden it spawns only at 9PM with a crazy low chance?

When did those changes take place, and where are the patch notes?
Old 06-14-2016, 11:12 AM
Banned

he should be immune to fire too, 100% resist rate on sunstrikes on live in sro

best of luck finding anything confirming that besides me
Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What isnt classic? What proof have you provided in this thread? Links from 1999-2001? Anything?
Like I said, only proof I really have is my own attempts at getting the AC to spawn. There are plenty of posts out there showing the AC should spawn between 9PM and 7AM. At least that much doesn't seem to be happening anymore, killing the PHs seem to do nothing, and I have yet to see it spawn outside of 9PM recently.

I saw it spawn yesterday for the first time since 2014. It was like they are saying. It was at 9PM, a bunch of people ported in and looked around and then left at 10PM.

I've ran around between 9PM and 7AM killing PH's over and over and it is obvious that killing the PHs aren't helping anymore. Every day it becomes more and more obvious to me that it will only spawn at 9PM regardless of killing the PHs, with a very low chance.

The bottom line is, the whole mechanic seems different than it used to be to me, that was the point of the bug report. But if Nilbog says it's good, it's good.
Last edited by Arkaan; 06-14-2016 at 11:57 AM..
Old 06-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Like I said, only proof I really have is my own attempts at getting the AC to spawn. There are plenty of posts out there showing the AC should spawn between 9PM and 7AM. At least that much doesn't seem to be happening anymore, killing the PHs seem to do nothing, and I have yet to see it spawn outside of 9PM recently.

I saw it spawn yesterday for the first time since 2014. It was like they are saying. It was at 9PM, a bunch of people ported in and looked around and then left at 10PM.

I've ran around between 9PM and 7AM killing PH's over and over and it is obvious that killing the PHs aren't helping anymore. Every day it becomes more and more obvious to me that it will only spawn at 9PM regardless of killing the PHs, with a very low chance.

The bottom line is, the whole mechanic seems different than it used to be to me, that was the point of the bug report. But if Nilbog says it's good, it's good.
This is how it works. Even wiki states that what is listed isnt accurate. 9pm spawn or he doesnt spawn, no placeholders
Old 06-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Project Manager

What is going on in this thread?

Script last modified 11/29/2013.

In this thread, it was noted that the respawn time of a ph should be 1830 seconds https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=23. That being said, each EQ hour is 3 minutes. So that's 10 hours between pops, meaning only 1 AC would be possible, per night. 1440 minutes in a real life day, 72 minutes in an EQ day, you should have 20 chances per RL day of a spawn.

One thing I think is not working from live's night/day mechanics is that once day arrives here, all night spawns depop. On live, certain ones would stay spawned if they were currently up. At least I think that's how it originally worked.
Last edited by nilbog; 06-14-2016 at 01:55 PM..
Old 06-14-2016, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think RNG happened kappa
Old 06-14-2016, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In this thread, it was noted that the respawn time of a ph should be 1830 seconds https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=23. That being said, each EQ hour is 3 minutes. So that's 10 hours between pops, meaning only 1 AC would be possible, per night. 1440 minutes in a real life day, 72 minutes in an EQ day, you should have 20 chances per RL day of a spawn.

One thing I think is not working from live's night/day mechanics is that once day arrives here, all night spawns depop. On live, certain ones would stay spawned if they were currently up. At least I think that's how it originally worked.
What I and others have been able to gather, like xKoopa said, is that the AC is spawning ONLY at 9PM, and with a pretty low % chance to pop. Killing PHs or killing almost the whole zone doesn't seem to make any difference at all.

All in all it has made the whole availability of the AC significantly less than it used to be.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Kill the PH in the day not at night.... Try killing the male barb derv at 3pm then check at 1am
Closed Thread