Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Ro would occasionally resist on live on the best geared targets, but almost never after a sundering.

A larger issue is the very large number of FR nuke resists and non partials. It seems the partial window is very small (like you go from full damage to full resist in the span of 40fr). On live you almost never saw a full damage nuke on a geared target, but you saw many low partials before a sundering, and 50%-80% partials after a sundering. Full resists were very rare. Same goes for mage nukes.

Personally I don't care of RO lands at all if FR nukes get fixed.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned

I've resisted plenty of B'ro's with about 180~, I feel like they land less then they are resisted.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've been running around with ~150 FR for the past year

i have never resisted breath of ro
idk, with a fire resist buff i chain resist breath of ro. but with ro's sundering both will land and i'll eat full scoraies, sunstrikes, etc. that's when i'm sitting at around 180FR
Old 10-26-2015, 04:47 AM
Sarnak

Wizards in decent Kunark gear were able to easily resist Breath of Ro. I never looked for the exact threshold but Breath of Ro wouldn't ever land on Tyva.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Breath of Ro is definitely resisting. It's probably working closer to how FR spells should work right now than Scoriae or Wildfire is.
Wrong. I've resisted 100% scoraie, 0% breath of ro.

BoR used to always be resisted on live, on both npcs and pc's, but NEVER resisted here.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Banned

wrong ^ resisted plenty of times @ 180, feel like it lands less then it is resisted. your not even level 60 yet?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Skeleton

is this fixed?
Old 12-15-2015, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this fixed?
not fixed yet. bump.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Banned

This and bane of nife could use a resist level required decrease of about 20.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Debuffs in general should land at a higher rate than actual nukes. It is a really complicated concept but if a debuff spell is resisted at the same rate as a nuke then you would never need to cast the debuff because the fire nuke would have already landed at that level of resist. Hope this clears it all up.

However if anyone has a great memory from when they were 9 years old I'm sure some dev would probably take your word as gospel and adjust the resist levels to be more in line with what you remember from grade school.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.