Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

http://web.archive.org/web/200104201...gs.asp?song=41
Old 09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  1. CHARM DURATION TOO SHORT: 3 ticks is useless -- please fix it to the correct duration
Bard Charm

Quote:
Description: Charms target up to 18 seconds. Lowers target's magic resistance. This is the upgrade to Solon's Song of the Sirens. Only works on mobs below level 55.
It is lasting correct duration. Quoting people from P99 as references is pretty useless.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm, then at what point was the minute charm added/changed?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Developer

What is making it useless? If you sing just that song, is it being resisted a ton? There are always issues for bard songs and the way resist checks are often applied every pulse. That can be adjusted to make it a bit more forgiving.

H
Old 09-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmm, then at what point was the minute charm added/changed?
Quote:
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Durationtext from 3 ticks to 1 min
Thats post-Luclin. Not classic.

The charm song works just fine on this server. Resists and breaks as it should.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is making it useless? If you sing just that song, is it being resisted a ton? There are always issues for bard songs and the way resist checks are often applied every pulse. That can be adjusted to make it a bit more forgiving.

H
I have only noticed it being really bad with certain mobs or just during a time of day. Other day was charming Allie in OoT and took 7-8 tries just to get a charm to stick for more than 1 second. But as I recall he is pretty MR resistant.

I swore the 1 minute charm was pre-luclin. My bad.

Either way, I just don't like medding up for 20 hours, that is my only complaint but it is classic. And I'll deal with it.

Appreciate the sources and such as well as the speedy reply Hayboss.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
Thanks for the reply man --

It just breaks incredibly fast.

As for some of the other posts, some definitely need to be verified before fixed, a lot are just starting points to look into.

If you have any confirmations of necessary changes or confirmation of items 100% AS INTENDED, let me know so I can mark as confirmed pending // or confirmed 'as intended' (if a bug submission was, say, Luclin++ etc).

For 100% sure, bellow (knockback amount) and selo's (root/snare break; or since this a modernized version of classic, a compromise of a CHANCE of root/snare break?) need fixes, the others I got from other people/bug posts.

If charm isn't as forgiving as it should be and it'll be fixed TY!! If it's the way it should be, np, just let me know when you have extra time so I can update OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] cheers mate
Last edited by xblade724; 09-04-2014 at 02:56 AM..
Old 09-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Planar Protector

The one that should be fixed is selos removing root or snare. But it had to be specific circumstances. Namely:

You had to already have selos buff up
Selos song had to already be active

I don't believe it functioned if you had selos song up and then you started casting selos when you got rooted. The song had to already be active ( IE no cast bar), and the next pulse would overwrite snare or root.

Once the Velious change comes in 1 month after Velious that exploit is removed and selos no longer removes snare or root.

One thing I would like to look into more is whether J-boots or SoW should be stacking with selos, because they currently do. (Stacking in the buffs so that if you lose selos you still have a backup Runspeed on... Not that they were additive). Cause after that Velious fix they for sure did not stack. That's a pretty big helper in getting away from a dangerous situation if you have a backup 30-50% Runspeed buff currently.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one that should be fixed is selos removing root or snare. But it had to be specific circumstances. Namely:

You had to already have selos buff up
Selos song had to already be active

I don't believe it functioned if you had selos song up and then you started casting selos when you got rooted. The song had to already be active ( IE no cast bar), and the next pulse would overwrite snare or root.

Once the Velious change comes in 1 month after Velious that exploit is removed and selos no longer removes snare or root.

One thing I would like to look into more is whether J-boots or SoW should be stacking with selos, because they currently do. (Stacking in the buffs so that if you lose selos you still have a backup Runspeed on... Not that they were additive). Cause after that Velious fix they for sure did not stack. That's a pretty big helper in getting away from a dangerous situation if you have a backup 30-50% Runspeed buff currently.
* Yea after velious I think they fixed this, BUT oh my god we've been asking for this since the dawn of Red server to be fixed, should really just give it to us to make up for not having this in the vanilla + kunark -- selos has to ALREADY be active anyway, and bards are as useless as warriors snared. It's still challenging and not cheap if we have to keep selos active for this to work. I alone must have posted at least 20 posts begging for fixes for both selos and bellow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

* "After the velious fix for sure they did not stack" you have this BACKWARDS, my friend.. originally, speed song would REMOVE everything and replace it with.. just speed song (or greater buff, example, Spirit of Cheetah, druids). Once speed song or spirit of cheetah is gone, you are left useless. Although it currently isn't classic, I'm fairly confident this falls within the "modernized" classic schema (like tells queuing while zoning -- this just makes sense and benefits everyone equally). If you want to TRULY make it classic, remove this, but people will be very pissy because it really doesn't help anyone, only pisses people off :P I vote don't touch this since it isn't a balance thing (more like a "here to annoy you" thing), but hey
Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I seem to recall Selos not removing anything since it's base value (level 5 with no mod) is lower than all other Runspeed buffs.

However once it is active, you could not overwrite Selos with SoW or anything else. As a Druid you would have to ask the bard to stop singing selos otherwise your Pack Spirit / Group Wolf Form and later Flight of Eagles would just bounce.

It not being classic currently benefits both PvP and PvE bards unfairly. You should run into trouble if you allow selos to drop or be dispelled. Having your JBoots or SoW potion/sword covered by 12 other buffs to prevent dispels isn't classic and that's a safety net that shouldn't be in. Bards are quite powerful even without this unclassic feature.