Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation The Bard Fix Thread *please sticky*

This is a compilation of all the overdue changes/fixes/nerfs/bugs (whatever you may call it -- just "not acting as intended" discrepancies) that bards need to bring them back to not only classic, but competitive, fun, and fair. These are not all just benefits, but also nerfs that doesn't reflect how it ever was in classic or current live, such as epic proc. It's been years and none of these have been touched, rendering us bards feeling lonely without a warm-fuzzy feeling. It's a shame that after all this time and all the fixes/new changes to the server rules that brought me back that this still hasn't even been touched -- we are small in population, but like fat people, we need love too: I will cross out each one out as fixed with an update to WHAT changes were made, and update as people add comments and replies:
  1. KNOCKBACK AMOUNT 75% LESS THAN NORMAL: Brusco's Boastful Bellow (and other knockbacks, not just bards) -- the knockback is insigificant compared to what it should/used to be, and does not interrupt spells as guaranteed as it should as well. The knockback amount also applies to other spells, such as a few wizard spells and druid wind spells
  2. CHARM DURATION TOO SHORT: 3 ticks is useless -- please fix it to the correct duration
  3. EPIC STUN TOO LONG: Too long duration, nerf it
  4. SELOS SHOULD BREAK ROOT/SNARE (or at LEAST have % chance to, as offered compromise): Does not break root or snare. Bards are 100% useless if rooted or snared, quite literally. Also prevents trolls when swarm kiting, running along and just rooting/snaring before running off
  5. RESISTS STILL BROKEN (which is another reason to fix Selo's): This probably applies to everyone, but having 140+ MR and snares etc still land often, what ??
  6. CHANTS DAMAGE TOO LOW: -33% here, while this was not on live. We are already useless in PvP compared to other classes, our melee doesn't do anything, and damage is low compared to other classes, cmon.
  7. MEM DISPEL PROBLEM: quoted below, not quite sure what this means.. I'll update this if someone can clarify
  8. BARD MELEE TOO TONED DOWN: I'm not sure of the mechanics behind this, but quoted below. Not sure if this is confirmed issue or a theory. I mean, I can see it, I'm sort of useless, but wasn't sure if it was just bards in general with melee. I'll update later.
  9. Psalm of Purity should cure poison/disease -- lucy shows it removes counters~

REFERENCES/RELATED:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they epic'd sure, if they aren't I don't know what to tell ya.

I mean sure here they're chants land but they still minus 33% dmg which they weren't on live, mem dispel problem solved.(unless ya wanna blow 80 pumices)

Selo's doesn't break root or snare like it did on live, so one root they dead.

They can't really charm kite stuff into ya because it lasts 3 ticks lol.

All they got is brusco's bombastic bellows, which without epic barely lands and sucks but with epic can last 8+ secs.

Denon's which lands alot but has very small range

Epic'd they one of the nastiest classes on the server without it they just gnats with speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if staff fixes anything about bard let it be the snare that lands even when u have 140+ MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
epic brusco stun the worst lol 12 second stun in pvp, shit you can remove snare, how you think Nihilum spammed so many kills lol run as group epic bard stun guaranteed kill.

99% of my deaths by Nihilum were due to epic brusco'ing me and then the rest blowing every disc they had, makes t-staff look like a joke.
Quote:
Well the true reason everyone says bards op is because what really happens is a 60 bard runs in with brusco's stuns ya for 10 sec's and the group kills ya. That's why everyone is always saying fucken OP bards.

But it really does come down to the bard's epic amplifying stun duration and annoying ass highsun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if staff fixes anything about bard let it be the snare that lands even when u have 140+ MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It [Brusco's Boastful Bellow] has a knockback function still, just very small compared to live. Paired with melee its enough to interrupt a cast a good amount of the time.
Quote:
The coding on Knockbacks in general is wrong here. Set to about 25% the effectiveness of live. Also seems to have been programmed to let every player auto regain(even melee without channeling lmfao) if the player reaches the end of his cast. So if the player is about 75% done with the cast, they always regain.
Quote:
Bard's do suck until 55+ sure they are impossible to kill pretty much, but they are also the worst at putting someone down. All you can do is chant kite people until you get denon's. Even there charm is busted lasts 3 ticks when it should last a full minute.

Brusco's helps but you really can't start owning face with a bard till lvl 59.

Bard's only overpowered here because of epic it amplifies there stuns which it shouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may as well dot kite til level 59 poison stun.
Also bard melee is way toned down here. Not saying there not great for pvp, but with epic, hitting for 13s is laughable.
+8/30
Quote:
Both kunark and velious-era spdats show Psalm of Vitality as removing 1 disease counter and Psalm of Purity removing 1 poison counter.
Quote:
Psalm of Vitality

Increase Disease Resist from 39 (L29) to 70 (L60)
Removing 1 Disease counters
Increase Armor Class (AC) from 4 (L29) to 6 (L60)
Classes: Brd (L29)
Area Effect Range: 50 feet
Skill: Singing
Allowable Targets: Full Group
Resistance Check: None
Spell Duration: Unknown
Duration Formula: 5
Casting Time: 3.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 12.0 seconds
Spell cast on you: You feel protected from disease.
Spell fades: Your aura fades.
Quote:
Psalm of Purity

Increase Poison Resist from 47 (L37) to 70 (L60)
Removing 1 Poison counters
Increase Armor Class (AC) from 4 (L37) to 6 (L60)
Classes: Brd (L37)
Area Effect Range: 45 feet
Skill: Singing
Allowable Targets: Full Group
Resistance Check: None
Spell Duration: Unknown
Duration Formula: 5
Casting Time: 3.0 seconds
Recast Delay: 12.0 seconds
Spell cast on you: You feel protected from poison.
Spell fades: Your aura fades.
Last edited by xblade724; 08-30-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 AM
Banned

Wrong place for this.............................
Old 08-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong place for this.............................
Eh? Where is the right place? Technical discussion is mostly for general client issues that the user can fix themselves, not pvp-specific gameplay mechanics that are beyond user control (admins/devs). It's not a rant or flame, it's literally unfixed bugs. It's not a trading post. It's not a guild post. It doesn't relate to PvE, it's specific to pvp discussion: This is the correct area. ~
Last edited by xblade724; 08-30-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

We need variance also.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need variance also.
Hmm, can you be more specific?
Old 08-30-2014, 01:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh? Where is the right place? Technical discussion is mostly for general client issues that the user can fix themselves, not pvp-specific gameplay mechanics that are beyond user control (admins/devs). It's not a rant or flame, it's literally unfixed bugs. It's not a trading post. It's not a guild post. It doesn't relate to PvE, it's specific to pvp discussion: This is the correct area. ~
Uhhh..Pvp Bugs? NOT SURE IF SERIOUS
http://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56
Old 08-30-2014, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

oh, odd, i didn't see that section -- it wasn't under "PvP Community", so didn't see it. Anyway, admin can move it if s/he wishes~
Last edited by xblade724; 08-30-2014 at 02:24 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a compilation of all the overdue changes/fixes/nerfs/bugs (whatever you may call it -- just "not acting as intended" discrepancies) that bards need to bring them back to not only classic, but competitive, fun, and fair. These are not all just benefits, but also nerfs that doesn't reflect how it ever was in classic or current live, such as epic proc. It's been years and none of these have been touched, rendering us bards feeling lonely without a warm-fuzzy feeling. It's a shame that after all this time and all the fixes/new changes to the server rules that brought me back that this still hasn't even been touched -- we are small in population, but like fat people, we need love too: I will cross out each one out as fixed with an update to WHAT changes were made, and update as people add comments and replies:
  1. KNOCKBACK AMOUNT 75% LESS THAN NORMAL: Brusco's Boastful Bellow (and other knockbacks, not just bards) -- the knockback is insigificant compared to what it should/used to be, and does not interrupt spells as guaranteed as it should as well. The knockback amount also applies to other spells, such as a few wizard spells and druid wind spells
  2. CHARM DURATION TOO SHORT: 3 ticks is useless -- please fix it to the correct duration
  3. EPIC STUN TOO LONG: Too long duration, nerf it
  4. SELOS SHOULD BREAK ROOT/SNARE (or at LEAST have % chance to, as offered compromise): Does not break root or snare. Bards are 100% useless if rooted or snared, quite literally. Also prevents trolls when swarm kiting, running along and just rooting/snaring before running off
  5. RESISTS STILL BROKEN (which is another reason to fix Selo's): This probably applies to everyone, but having 140+ MR and snares etc still land often, what ??
  6. CHANTS DAMAGE TOO LOW: -33% here, while this was not on live. We are already useless in PvP compared to other classes, our melee doesn't do anything, and damage is low compared to other classes, cmon.
  7. MEM DISPEL PROBLEM: quoted below, not quite sure what this means.. I'll update this if someone can clarify
  8. BARD MELEE TOO TONED DOWN: I'm not sure of the mechanics behind this, but quoted below. Not sure if this is confirmed issue or a theory. I mean, I can see it, I'm sort of useless, but wasn't sure if it was just bards in general with melee. I'll update later.
  9. (Added 8/30) l29:Psalm of Vitality , l37:Psalm of Purity should cure poison/disease: Please fix~

REFERENCES/RELATED:

Nice project.

8/30:

8/30
Old 08-30-2014, 02:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Tune View Post
Dec 00'

https://web.archive.org/web/20001207...ns.asp?Id=1018

BROKEN STILL??, By Nadira andante

This song, like its disease counterpart, is supposed to also help cure poisons. Small chance, and it has a neat message about a mystical force cureing your affliction. Its counterpart doesn't work from what I've seen, on group mates or on yourself and I bet the poison one also doesn't cure despite saying that it does. broken since release imo.

IT DOES CURE, By Renu

This song does cure poison. It's just that some poisons take multiple counters to cure (multiple cure tics).

https://web.archive.org/web/20001201...ns.asp?Id=1010

CURE DISEASE COMPONENT, By Gossipmonger

Apparently, according to a post I read from Geoffrey Zatkin (sp?) this song has a (small) chance of removing disease faster than would ordinarily happen.... Basically a cure disease. I have also seen a report that said it took almost half as long as the disease lasts before it removed the disease, for one bard. I have yet to get the song, so I have no confirmation.

feb 01'

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208...ngs/Song37.htm

ffect: Increase poison resistance and AC, also has a chance each round to cure poison.

Analysis by Rokenn Swiftsong, Karana server

Comments: Increase party poison resistance and AC. If the cure poison portion fires off you will lose the resist buff till the next pulse of the song.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208...ngs/Song29.htm

Effect: Increases Disease resistance and AC, also has a chance to cure disease each pulse.

Analysis by Rokenn Swiftsong, Karana server

Comments: Increase resistance to disease and gives a small AC increase. If the cure disease portion fires off you will lose the resist buff till the next pulse of the song.

Also

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhist...16&source=Live

According to Lucy, on 12/12/02 this was changed from Disease Resist/Disease Cure to Disease Resist/Damage Shield... same happened with Psalm of Purity. Looks like our first disease/poison resists come at lvl 45, then?

2002-12-12 11:18 Added Slot 1: Increase Damage Shield by 8 (L37) to 14 (L65)
2002-12-12 11:18 Changed Slot 2 from "Decrease Poison Counter by 8 (L37) to 14 (L65)" to "Increase Poison Resist by 47 (L37) to 75 (L65)"
2002-12-12 11:18 Changed Slot 5 from "Increase Poison Resist by 47 (L37) to 75 (L65)" to "Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'AC' and < 100"
2002-12-12 11:18 Changed Resist from Unresistable to Poison
2002-09-26 11:10 Changed AE Range from 45 to 50
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Slot 2 from "Decrease Poison Counter by 8 (L37) to 13 (L60)" to "Decrease Poison Counter by 8 (L37) to 14 (L65)"
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Slot 4 from "Increase AC by 4 (L37) to 6 (L60)" to "Increase AC by 4 (L37) to 6 (L65)"
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Slot 5 from "Increase Poison Resist by 47 (L37) to 70 (L60)" to "Increase Poison Resist by 47 (L37) to 75 (L65)"
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Deletable from 0 to 1
2002-06-12 12:27 Changed Unknown130 from 0 to 100
2002-06-12 12:27 Changed SpellIcon from to
2002-06-05 11:20 Changed SpellIcon from to
2002-03-07 11:32 Initial Entry
Never pay any attention to what Tune says because it's either lies or idiocy, if you notice the poison counter changes didn't go into effect till POP, so it has no bearing on Red Kunark era.

And to be honest i think he might have just blatantly made that up as I see no evidence of it in Lucy, wouldn't be the first time Tune got caught for bold face lying.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Banned

why the fuck would this get sticked in general chat. PVP BUGS WORKS