Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-02-2022, 07:04 PM
Skeleton

Bind at the fire pot room. It makes life so much easier for classes without port spells.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bind at the fire pot room.
Definitely doing this one next time around.

My sister and I are already resolving to be an enchanter/cleric duo in the next Green.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

I learned what it feels like to hit that SLOW macro knowing that my slow was the one that turned the tide for the raid.

I made Lobnor to slow Dragons and goddammit if that still isn't the funnest thing in this game.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, i too have permanently shelved what I thought was my favorite class (SK) in favor of a class i previously rolled as a joke (NEC) initially to play with an IRELF
Also joined iksar bandwagon with current NEC, as can’t deny innate regens bonus when you’ve flopped successfully at sub 100 hp (happens more than u think)

agree 2that next time is new class or perhaps finally revisit untouched live class for the first time since live (wiz)

***I love Kunark!!!!
a fine science
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-03-2022, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kunark is my least favorite era.
Rich lore, content for solo group and raid players, new playable race, more spells and abilities.

I personally think the game gets worse with every expansion. Especially velious that caters to raider and is perhaps too expansive for a server with 500 players - or imagine red with 50
Old 02-03-2022, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rich lore, content for solo group and raid players, new playable race, more spells and abilities.
My only complaints about Kunark...

-Mob density, made the zones a pain to travel through, though they realized this issue and fixed it in later expacs.
-Many of the dungeons look basically the same. I understand there's a theme for the expansion but it kind of blended together, was a bit disillusioning.
-Total lack of music.

Other than that though, the expansion definitely had a lot of good points too. Thematically I like Velious a bit more but I appreciate Kunark's addition as basically the Australia of Norrath. xD
Old 02-03-2022, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as epics go, paying for everything sounds extremely boring and lame. Part of the fun with epics is the feeling of accomplishment having done the whole quest. Not only the great feeling when you finally finish all the grindy solo parts, but also having people come together to help you with the portions that you need multiple groups (or at least a group) to take down. That’s what EQ is all about.

If you’re paying for your entire epic you might as well go play WoW or some other “single player MMO”. Farming plat solo and then buying your epic and avoiding all interaction with others…seems like you’re missing the point of what makes EQ great
You aren’t wrong. Some people see this as an economics problem; others want to enjoy it just as you’ve said. I prefer your route myself.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite p1999 having been around for a decade, some people are still bad at EQ.

The server is far to hospitable to newbies and bad players.
I wonder if this outlook is what led red to the promised land.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren’t wrong. Some people see this as an economics problem; others want to enjoy it just as you’ve said. I prefer your route myself.
Yeah I mean I’m not judging people for soloing. I’ve soloed some characters almost entirely. But then I ask myself why am I playing on P99 if that’s what I want to do? If I want to solo the whole way I could play way easier and honestly more “fun” MMOs on the solo side - although soloing Is still boring overall but at least it’s more engaging in other MMOs.

EQ is about that player to player interaction. Soloing everything defeats the point of playing the game.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is about that player to player interaction. Soloing everything defeats the point of playing the game.
What does one do if they can't get groups? Like if they play a wizard, or just don't have much in the way of connections at all?
Last edited by tadkins; 02-03-2022 at 08:45 PM..