Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 07-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you honestly expect when you have losers who have been grinding for the same items for the last THIRTY YEARS? You simple or somethin?
to cry toxic when they see a meanie?
Old 07-04-2023, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Nuke Red, turn it into a rotation enforced server for big name mobs, leave things like scout and other various quests as rolls play nice dont be a shit bag. Ie a server for people who love the game and want to play but cannot spend 10+ hours a day 7 days a week "competing".

Make green a I am the best at everything and demand to compete for everything cause I have 23 hours a day to burn socking crap. Ie I tie my junk around my knee cause it so big server. Purge green to blue every so often so big plays can "compete" for the same crap over and over.

Blue = graveyard or for players who don't wanna retart after all the time they dumped into their toon.

Just my 2 cents love the server staff is amazing to provide this to use .
Old 07-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nuke Red, turn it into a rotation enforced server for big name mobs, leave things like scout and other various quests as rolls play nice dont be a shit bag. Ie a server for people who love the game and want to play but cannot spend 10+ hours a day 7 days a week "competing".

Make green a I am the best at everything and demand to compete for everything cause I have 23 hours a day to burn socking crap. Ie I tie my junk around my knee cause it so big server. Purge green to blue every so often so big plays can "compete" for the same crap over and over.

Blue = graveyard or for players who don't wanna retart after all the time they dumped into their toon.

Just my 2 cents love the server staff is amazing to provide this to use .
Allow boxing and rotate blue!
Old 07-04-2023, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pint my guy! If we allowed boxing you could poopsock all mobs tanking with you pally big f to that lol
Old 07-04-2023, 04:35 PM
Aviak

If by Toxic we mean selfish and jealous then Toxicity is alive and well on Blue. Recently started lightly raiding again and am wondering if i made the right decision...People always going to be jealous, especially if they fail and another succeeds easily.
Old 07-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is already rotated by drafts
Old 07-05-2023, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the amount of guild breakups that happen on this server it leads me to wonder if perhaps something is inherently wrong with the raid scene. The list of guild diverges and descendants leads me to speculate why this happens so much.
Kind of a mistatement here IMO. There aren't a ton of guild diverges/breakups. There are guild diverges/breakups primarily within a specific subset of people who go through the same cycle of "form guild together, some of those people get annoyed and form new guild, and eventually they all end up in a guild together again down the road before beginning the cycle anew".
Old 07-07-2023, 04:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine thinking emotes are weapons and words are violence lol.
Hafthor: Dwarf Cleric (NEW: Try GREEN Hafthor!)
Tsukiko: Human Monk
Burzma: Troll Shaman
Old 07-07-2023, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Did you guys forget the great forum purge of thread tags? RIP
Old 07-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is 1/20th as toxic as Classic EverQuest was. You can trust any single player in the tunnel to xfer gear for you, Classic EQ, it was getting stolen 9 in 10 times.

Raid content was for the sweatiest of sweat lords on live. People didn't even complete VP on most servers until after Velious. They changed servers to join better guilds.

Instances are bad, and so are rotations. Project 1999 itself is almost 15 years old. The content is forever locked. Competition is needed to keep interest. There's only so many times a person can clear uncontested mobs before it gets too boring to log in.

What we need is racing with lockouts.

Also i love how you cry about unclassic racing and then immediately say instances like Loramin dude wtf
Instancing would be the death of end game P99. As you say, it would be too boring. The encounters themselves really aren't that interesting. Part of what keeps it interesting is knowing you have to execute everything perfectly and keep moving otherwise you're not getting to kill whatever targets.