Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-17-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I can't even see how this would be useful in PvP, since any melee vs. melee fight is always jousting with the highest damage two-handed weapon you have, not standing next to each other autistically equipping an offhand weapon between swings.

This shit is pure theorycraft.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah 2 seconds is an eternity. Plenty of time to swap a weapon, drop aggro with a spell or evade/flop macro, glug a Wort and refresh a junk buff. EQ raiding is just Dance Dance Revolution with a keyboard after-all.

I’m with the rest. Throw up a video doing this for a couple minutes or just stop trolling.
Dance dance revolution atleast has an apm above like 6
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-17-2023, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't even see how this would be useful in PvP, since any melee vs. melee fight is always jousting with the highest damage two-handed weapon you have, not standing next to each other autistically equipping an offhand weapon between swings.

You swing the 2h and unequip for bonus 5 damage. It's that fast. Lol.

Like kicking.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Ok so DPS for a ranger involves an argent protector. (Lol). 42/49 or 2.5 second delay.
“Best offhand ratio” is a Scimiter of the Emerald Dawn @ 20/34 (it isn’t).
A Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn drops to 17 delay (1.7 seconds).
That gives you .8 seconds to swap weapons and get a swing off before you miss a MH AP swing, or at least delay it.

Or…

Hasted a shovel of the harvest goes from 43 delay to about 22 (2.2 seconds).
That gives you half a second to swap weapons and get a swing off before you miss a MH shovel swing, or at least delay it.

In my situation a Meljeldin is 38 delay, 19 hasted. 1.9 seconds
A Claw of Lightning is 18 delay, 9 delay hasted. .9 seconds.
That’s a margin of error of just about 1 second.

Ps: just use different weapons for a warrior and the results are equally stupid.
Old 11-17-2023, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

And ping is obviously a factor, isn't it?
Old 11-17-2023, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And ping is obviously a factor, isn't it?
Yea I would think so. With my ranger even timing jolts with 2h swings isnt a perfect result. I expect the same from monks. So swapping multiple slots in that time is just...not easy.

If there is a warrior out there for example consistantly topping the charts with a 2h like an Vulak, Eashen or Meljeldin using this trick (alone), I'd be interested. It's still a lot of work and a lot of luck. I just dont hear about it outside the forums.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

i dont see why he cant just link a aary parse, surely the guy that is this good would have one somewhere in there
Old 11-18-2023, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I duo'd with a shaman mostly on my war and zerked the whole way to 60. Eashen 2 hander absolutely insane dps can confirm. No way would a knight keep up with that.
Problem with 90% of warriors they aren't willing to do that. It's like people who cry about enchanters. Where 5% of the enchanters actually farm shit. The rest die to pet breaks at level 45 in com.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, it wouldn't work at all in PvP unless you're fighting some AFK idiot. Jousting means running through each other and tapping auto-attack, then moving away and doubling back while the swing timer counts down. Literally like medieval jousting, hence the name. It's mechanically impossible to add a weapon-swap during the milliseconds that you're within striking distance. It's hard enough just timing the auto-attack with EQ's horrible netcode and hitbox detection. Anyone who thinks this is something you can do in PvP is someone who has never done it and just wants to sound smart.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so DPS for a ranger involves an argent protector. (Lol). 42/49 or 2.5 second delay.
“Best offhand ratio” is a Scimiter of the Emerald Dawn @ 20/34 (it isn’t).
That gives you .8 seconds to swap weapons and get a swing off before you miss a MH AP swing, or at least delay it.

OrÂ…

Hasted a shovel of the harvest goes from 43 delay to about 22 (2.2 seconds).
That gives you half a second to swap weapons and get a swing off before you miss a MH shovel swing, or at least delay it.

In my situation a Meljeldin is 38 delay, 19 hasted. 1.9 seconds
A Claw of Lightning is 18 delay, 9 delay hasted. .9 seconds.
ThatÂ’s a margin of error of just about 1 second.

Ps: just use different weapons for a warrior and the results are equally stupid.
My understanding of how this is supposed to work is that you attack with the offhand once per mainhand attack round. Since your two hander has a delay of 43 with a shovel, you effectively lock your offhand to delay 43. That makes scimitar the best offhand for this I'm aware of, since the long delay on the weapon is irrelevant and it has high base damage, effectively adding a 20/43 offhand dual wielded with the 50/43.

I'm still skeptical its possible to execute this, though. I would want to see someone do it or at least get a parse.