Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-14-2022, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are a noob. The most important part of any Torpor Shaman fight is the Pre-Slow phase. Again, you don't know any of this

More idiotic strawmans. I know perfectly well. Stop acting like you are smarter or more experienced. You aren't. You're just burying your head in the sand. Classic low rank fool who is scared of thinking there is something wrong with their play, so they don't improve it and stay hard stuck at a lower rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sigh. P99 has a max draw distance. Models disappear after that draw distance. The pather comes from outside of max draw distance. It is simple indeed. Hopefully you learned something new now.
There is no pather that's going to aggro outside the distance you can see. You are not saying anything new, you're simply wrong, and playing like a little kid who can't look around a corner. Also, your own video shows how easily you can see both other dragons in the distance once you get up to the edge, you're just full of shit. And if you're paying attention, then you would already know the pather isn't nearby anyway, before you go down to the water to sit your pet before going back up.

Quote:
Finally, in any fight where you can land Malosini consistently... you don't need it lol.
Completely wrong. Your other spells are costly and/or take long times to cast. Sticking a Malosini in these fights is a great investment; if it prevents even 1 resist (assuming landing on first try) you have benefited. But it doesn't need to land on first try. If your spells are getting resisted 50% of the time with no Malosini and then only 1% with it, then needing to cast Malosini 3 times in a row before it lands is still a huge investment, as you are preventing a huge number of resists from that mana spent.

Quote:
I am not sure what "lots of mana" is, the difference between Malo and Malosini is 150 mana. If I have to cast Malosini twice due to a resist, it costs 50 more mana than the single Malo lol.
You cast Malo twice in your other video, because of how slow you kill. That's 700 mana and you're getting less effect out of Malo than Malosini, leading to your spells getting resisted when there's a better chance they wouldn't have if you had Malosini up. You are also taking more damage to cast Malo, because you are getting hit by rounds of attack that you otherwise wouldn't if you had used Malosini and kept running out of melee distance.

Even IF you want to be using Malo at the start of the fight, then you should STILL be casting Malosini after it, as that's 200 mana and more impact as compared to 350 to recast Malo. You especially need to be using it when you're also weaving the poison DoT into fights. Your failure to do so is yet another thing you did wrong in your sad video where you act like you played correctly and proved something (you didn't).

Quote:
pre-summoning the pet doesn't save any significant amount of time
You are spending a big chuck of mana at the start of the fight by not having pet up, and you lost the time to cast another spell as the Dragon got into your melee range, because you were instead casting pet. What a clown.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Loving the "I can prove my opinions" videos.
Keep forgetting, RnF.
Onward to Insanity, with a blonde!
Old 08-14-2022, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More idiotic strawmans. I know perfectly well. Stop acting like you are smarter or more experienced. You aren't. You're just burying your head in the sand. Classic low rank fool who is scared of thinking there is something wrong with their play, so they don't improve it and stay hard stuck at a lower rank.
It's not a strawman, it's a fact. You are not experienced, but you are pretending to be. This thread shows it quite clearly. You need to start playing the game again.

I have no problem with criticism. I would love to learn something from you.

The problem is you are simply responding to this thread because you are mad, not because you have worthwhile information. You just have some weird urge to try and prove me wrong in any way you can, but are failing miserably and showing how inexperienced you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loving the "I can prove my opinions" videos.
Keep forgetting, RnF.
Onward to Insanity, with a blonde!
Videos show reality. Anybody can type walls of text and claim it is the "truth".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no pather that's going to aggro outside the distance you can see. You are not saying anything new, you're simply wrong, and playing like a little kid who can't look around a corner. Also, your own video shows how easily you can see both other dragons in the distance once you get up to the edge, you're just full of shit. And if you're paying attention, then you would already know the pather isn't nearby anyway, before you go down to the water to sit your pet before going back up.
I am sorry, but you don't know how pathers work in WW, or how dangerous it can be. Being a bit extra cautious saves more time in the long run. I know you like to try and save time.

Quote:
Completely wrong. Your other spells are costly and/or take long times to cast. Sticking a Malosini in these fights is a great investment; if it prevents even 1 resist (assuming landing on first try) you have benefited. But it doesn't need to land on first try. If your spells are getting resisted 50% of the time with no Malosini and then only 1% with it, then needing to cast Malosini 3 times in a row before it lands is still a huge investment, as you are preventing a huge number of resists from that mana spent.
Nope. If slow has a 95% chance of landing without Malosini, you don't cast Malosini at all to save mana. Malosini and Slow have the same resist chance, so unless the mob needs another resistance besides Magic lowered, it is a waste of Mana. Your ideas of "wasting mana" and "saving mana" are nonsense.

Malo is the best spell for this fight. I haven't seen a significant difference in resists between Malo and Malosini on WW Dragons, even 6+ Dragons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 . The resist chance numbers you are throwing around for these fights are wrong.

Quote:
You cast Malo twice in your other video, because of how slow you kill. That's 700 mana and you're getting less effect out of Malo than Malosini, leading to your spells getting resisted when there's a better chance they wouldn't have if you had Malosini up. You are also taking more damage to cast Malo, because you are getting hit by rounds of attack that you otherwise wouldn't if you had used Malosini and kept running out of melee distance.
You didn't read my previous posts. Not surprising. I Malo twice as a habit because some pulls take a long time. It's not the kill. I am not losing any kill speed either, because my DoTs are already ticking. I would rather do it for safety. Again, I have disproven your "more DPS is faster" idea with another video. You are vastly overestimating how much time you think you are saving.

As for your taking damage while Maloing comment, you do know that WW Dragons AoE right? If I was kiting the dragon trying to land Malosini, I would also be taking damage and getting dispelled.

Quote:
Even IF you want to be using Malo at the start of the fight, then you should STILL be casting Malosini after it, as that's 200 mana and more impact as compared to 350 to recast Malo. You especially need to be using it when you're also weaving the poison DoT into fights. Your failure to do so is yet another thing you did wrong in your sad video where you act like you played correctly and proved something (you didn't).
You don't need to, because as I said above I have tested these fights with Malo and Malosini. Reality is you don't need Malosini. Sorry. You have no data to back up your claims.

I also already disproved your idea that you can "weave" Bane into the fight. It costs too much mana to maintain both Pox and Bane consistently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-PCJ4tCII

Quote:
You are spending a big chuck of mana at the start of the fight by not having pet up, and you lost the time to cast another spell as the Dragon got into your melee range, because you were instead casting pet. What a clown.
It's not wasting any time to do so. I have tested both methods. You have tested none.

Show us a video of how fast you can kill WW Dragons. I am waiting.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-14-2022 at 09:42 AM..
Old 08-14-2022, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

If you're using the disease damage spell then I assume you're also using insidious decay so that's another step worth of sitting-spell swapping--casting and a little more mana use.

The difference in resist rate between malo and malosini on the nest 4's is minimal. The wife uses malo just because it'll definitely land and she's critically allergic to math, but it works fine. On the occasions I'd had her try using malosini I can't say we noticed any great difference beyond it occasionally resisting the first try....that's the kind of thing you're going to need to do a lot of parsing to identify the true value. Those 4's aren't really hard enough to be a good litmus test. Quite often on those 4's the wife slows first, THEN malo's...and truth be told usually it lands anyway.

Neordla is enough of a jerk (tougher than ayillish in my experience, in spite of the on-paper stats looking similar) that malosini is preferred, although typically only after doing malo first.
Last edited by Danth; 08-14-2022 at 11:31 AM..
Old 08-14-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Did a video using Zuranthium's suggestions, and it played out exactly as I have been describing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Pro4F0B0I

My pet is pre-parked with haste.

The first issue that occurred while making this video is I was blind-sided by multiple mobs as I was cresting the cliff due to not being invisible, and had to gate. More time was wasted than saved due to the lack of invisibility. You can see the Wyvern Huntress attacks in the chat box at the beginning of the video. The reason why this happens is because objects do not block agro line of sight in outdoor zones.

The video shows the reduced visibility that occurs during snowing, and it nicely showcases one of the pathers that can come close to Hechaeva. Luckily it was an Ice Burrower this time, so it won't agro when I pull Hechaeva. It isn't always an Ice Burrower, and if it is a 4+ Dragon you have to wait until it leaves the area.

Malosini was resisted twice before landing, so I didn't "save mana" by not using Malo. I also used Insidious Malady instead of Decay since that is the same principle, and it was resisted once.

Total time saved was 3 minutes. The only reason why the last half of the video is shorter is because I got lucky and Hechaeva ran on to land rather than into the sea. This means I can kill her faster because I can re-apply my DoTs without getting line of sight blocked by the water.

I have another video that is 16 minutes long showing how to kill Hechaeva faster by rooting her instead of letting her run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLhe3KQXke0&t=0s This reinforces the 3 minutes saved compared to my normal strategy, because both were sped up by using spells in the last 20% of her life bar.

When killing WW Dragons for an hour or two, 3 minutes each will not give you enough time back to make another kill when taking into account recovery, running into position, pulling, etc. The riskier nature of this strategy also cost me more than 3 minutes in having to gate and run back.

This is the problem Zuranthium, you are simply thinking in terms of saving time on the kill, without thinking through anything else. As I said earlier in this thread, I could indeed shave a minute or two if I tried harder (these videos are not me trying hard at all), but in the end of the day it's a wash due to other factors. Consistency (Getting 3 kills an hour for example) is better than higher risk strategies that end up losing you a full kill due to bad luck.

The other thing you probably don't realize is my Shaman is fully raid geared. So it's a bit easier for me to attempt a riskier strategy, as I have more methods of reducing incoming damage (higher AC and Resists). Another reason why I prefer my safer strategy when making videos is because other Shamans will probably not have my level of gear. I would rather show a safer and more consistent strategy in my videos that is easier to use for lesser geared Shamans.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-14-2022 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-15-2022, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's not a strawman, it's a fact. You are not experienced, but you are pretending to be. This thread shows it quite clearly. You need to start playing the game again.

I have no problem with criticism. I would love to learn something from you.

The problem is ... are.

Videos show reality. Anybody can type walls of text and claim it is the "truth".

Duik says...
My comment was actually at wall of text man. Love me a good video showing clever or stoopid eq stuff.

I am ... like to try and save time.

Nope. If slow....d Malosini on WW Dragons, even 6+ Dragons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxeOVuX0G8 . The resist chance numbers you are throwing around for these fights are wrong.

You ....dispelled.

You don't ...to back up your claims.

I also already disp...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-PCJ4tCII

It's not wasting any time to do so. I have tested both methods. You have tested none.

Show us a video of how fast you can kill WW Dragons. I am waiting.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

DSM is basically UCF
Old 08-15-2022, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM is basically UCF
Ripqozko is basically *random user*. I can do it too! Sorry nobody cares about your bad Warder loot.

Please keep nonsense in RnF. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:

I have another video that is 16 minutes long showing how to kill Hechaeva faster by rooting her instead of letting her run. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLhe3KQXke0&t=0s This reinforces the 3 minutes saved compared to my normal strategy, because both were sped up by using spells in the last 20% of her life bar.
dude that's awesome
Old 08-18-2022, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If slow has a 95% chance of landing without Malosini, you don't cast Malosini at all to save mana.
Pulling incorrect numbers out of your ass, cool.

And yet you are STILL wrong. If you are in a long fight where Malosini changes the chance of being resisted from 5% to 0%, then it is correct to use it, as stopping even one resist in the whole fight is a net benefit.

Quote:
As for your taking damage while Maloing comment, you do know that WW Dragons AoE right? If I was kiting the dragon trying to land Malosini, I would also be taking damage and getting dispelled.
Dispelled? So you don't understand what junk buffs are, LOL. And you easily regen the small amount of damage from their AoE (if it even lands) while kiting. Your own videos show you resisting them. This is so sad.

Quote:
Did a video using Zuranthium's suggestions, and it played out exactly as I have been describing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Pro4F0B0I

The first issue that occurred while making this video is I was blind-sided by multiple mobs as I was cresting the cliff due to not being invisible, and had to gate. More time was wasted than saved due to the lack of invisibility. You can see the Wyvern Huntress attacks in the chat box at the beginning of the video. The reason why this happens is because objects do not block agro line of sight in outdoor zones.
If you were "blind sided" that's simply your own fault of not looking before going down and not using better camera angle when going up. There's no reason to be caught like that. You don't need to gate just because of a Wyvern either, wtf is this? Just root it and camp and log back in.

Your video once again only shows you playing suboptimally. You aren't using Torpor properly, it should be up perma to maintain the engine. You are also dancing around like a clown at the start of the fight. You pull incorrectly as well, why are you constantly spinning around looking at the Dragon to cast? You need to keep your back to them and immediately run forward after casting. You took extra damage for no reason.

Quote:
Malosini was resisted twice before landing, so I didn't "save mana" by not using Malo.
Yes you did, that's 600 mana, as compared to casting Malo twice, which is 700 mana, and of course you're getting the bigger debuff on top of that. And you took less damage from initial melee, and would have took even less if you had played properly.

Quote:
Total time saved was 3 minutes. The only reason why the last half of the video is shorter is because I got lucky and Hechaeva ran on to land rather than into the sea. This means I can kill her faster because I can re-apply my DoTs without getting line of sight blocked by the water.
You went 3+ minutes faster this time from the start of fighting the Dragon at pull spot to when the Dragon started fleeing. And that's without even playing it totally correct yet. It wasn't because the Dragon went the other way when fleeing. And about that, you could pull the dragon out of the water right before it flees, to help increase the chance of it staying there.

Quote:
When killing WW Dragons for an hour or two, 3 minutes each will not give you enough time back to make another kill
3 minutes each is definitely enough time to make another kill if you're playing for a couple hours. It doesn't just have to be time spent in WW though. You can go do other things with that time, including irl.

Quote:
I also already disproved your idea that you can "weave" Bane into the fight. It costs too much mana to maintain both Pox and Bane consistently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-PCJ4tCII
No you didn't disprove it. You played wrong. And you don't understand the definition of "weave" it seems. You don't need to maintain Bane constantly.

Quote:
It's not a strawman, it's a fact. I have no problem with criticism. The problem is you are simply responding to this thread because you are mad, not because you have worthwhile information.
LOL, delusional. I'm not responding to anything because I am mad, and I have given countless worthwhile info here. I responded #1) because of your idiocy telling players not to get Bane of Knife, #2) because of your poor play that you model as some kind of top way to play the game.

Quote:
I am sorry, but you don't know how pathers work in WW, or how dangerous it can be.
Or, you're just not very good. But keep using the incorrect "you don't know how it works" line to people who know better than you.
Last edited by Zuranthium; 08-18-2022 at 06:47 PM..