Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Lake of Ill Omen: a sarnak courier - Resolved

It's been hard for me to test this particular spawn because I'm not sure how things are set up at the moment, but I just want to post this to double check for accuracy.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The sarnak courier should spawn in the area circled in blue. North of the windmill to just passed the goblin ruins, but not up as far as the river to FV. He's not supposed to be particularly rare, but he is often unseen as he is in danger of being KS'd by the goblins in the area.

His spawn group is supposed to be comprised of uncharacteristically low level mobs for the area, and can have 3 or 4 PHs at any given time (so it's possible to have that many couriers up at once)

Here is the monklybusiness guide to popping him.

Quote:
Get a tracker and go to the mill...have him track one of these mobs:

A Goblin Brawler
A Sabretooth Cat
A Greater Scalbone
A Sarnak Youth
A Goblin Skirmisher
A Greater Skeleton
a sarnak courier
an iksar marauder
A Sarnak Flunkie*
an iksar brigand**

There will only be one of these mobs, they are lower level than all surrounding mobs between the mill and the lake...and possibly [probably not]as far as the sarnak fort(though they spawn at the mill area).
When you kill one, another from that list will pop up on the druid's track after 1 minute. [other guides I've read have indicated it can be at low as 3 seconds] These are the PHs for the Courier. I can guarantee you will have your Courier in less than 30 minutes if you follow this procedure. It has been followed by many people and verified to work. Kunark has many of these type of rare cycles in most outdoor zones.

*Flunkies are a rarer PH but if you can't find the cycle, clearing the Flunkies might be the ticket.
**Brigands are the same as above, only rarer

Edit: added the flunkies and brigands to the guide as I've been doing this cycle lately to get my enchanter a Goblin Gazhugi Ring. These are just a couple more mobs I've noticed. At one point today I had 5 couriers rotting at the same time.
I've cleaned the area out completely a few times over and have seen none of these possible PHs from the spawngroup, except for the Sabretooth Cat who spawns in that area, but only seems to respawn as a cat, or kit.

So yea. double check these spawngroups for accuracy when you can, because this is an important spawn!
Last edited by nilbog; 02-18-2011 at 08:56 PM..
Old 12-11-2010, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

This is alla

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5327

Same as Glitch... it wasn't even really rare, uncommon at best. It was the rare drop off him that made anything here rare. He was fairly common, and so was his hand drop.

I would also note, there is more then one area he can spawn in, according to people posting on alla over the years, I think I counted 4 or 5.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

This is what one person who camped the courier said:

here is the list of mobs with exact spelling that i found on the cycle:

a sabretooth cat
a sabretooth tigress (rarely, and lots of tigresses around that are not on the cycle)
a goblin brawler
a goblin skirmisher
greater scalebone
greater skeleton
an Iksar marauder
an Iksar brigand
a Sarnak youth
a Sarnak flukie
a Sarnak courier

hope it helps

you need to keep killing the newest (up on the list with "normal" sorting) spawns that match these and you will get a courier every 15 mins or so.

after 7 hours of camping (and about 30 or 40 courier kills) i finally got my Goblin Gazughi Ring)

He also dropped this ring earlier:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1654

hint: stay between the ruins and the windmill, if a cat or marauder appears on track and is not in the near vicinity, it is not from your cycle.

on another note: after a while, i noticed a 2nd goblin skirmisher on track, and killed both, after that i had 2 cycles running (for much quicker killing), looks like there is more than 1 slot on that cycle there.

This now is me...As Glitch said, I have yet to see a goblin skirmisher or brawler in this area he describes. I also have not seen any sarnak except one sarnak conscript, and it always spawns as a conscript. No youth, or flunkie. I also have not seen an iksar brigand here, only marauders roaming through. There are also a few spawns that seem static not far from windmill toward those ruins, they should all be roaming. I Have seen plenty of skels, but no greater skeletons here. Then courier should be fairly common, they post about getting up to 40 kills of a sarnak courier, in 7 hours. The reply to this post the fellow mentions getting 2-3 couriers every 15 minutes killing these mobs.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 12-11-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Old 12-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are also a few spawns that seem static not far from windmill toward those ruins, they should all be roaming
Yes. I noticed this too. An unusual amount of mobs are just standing around doing nothing in this area.

Can anyone with access to the spawn DB post how the spawn is currently set up on the test server?
Last edited by Glitch; 12-12-2010 at 07:21 AM..
Old 12-11-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

It isn't, really. We'll get it in there.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Project Manager

This should be working after the next update.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Is this confirmed to be working? I haven't been able to pop him yet.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Aviak

bump

i've been trying for over 2 days to get my ring from the courier. While i think the actual spawn cycle is working properly, the actual spawn rate for the courier seems very very low.

I would say with a total of 10 hours of camping over the passed few days I have seen/killed the courier 8-10 times (no rings). The posts i've read say I should be seeing 1 courier every 15 or so minutes..

Based on what I read the courier should be somewhat common, atleast more common that it is now.

**edit** just wanted to add a link to a forum link talking about this:
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=8929
from what they describe there should only be one of these PH's up at any one time in this area. As it is right now I would say there are 10+ that are up at a time (this is between the windmill and the goblin ruins near the water to the NW of the mill). Not sure if there are just mutiple cycles spawning or something else is up.

thanks,

Bord Erline.
Last edited by bordbard; 04-04-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Old 04-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

Spawngroups look like they're working great, thanks!
The only problem is that the spawn rate is too low. Currently the courier is set to a 1% spawn chance, and according to alla and other sites about the spawn, farmers were getting him to pop in about 10 to 20 minutes chainkilling PHs as they popped.

Spawn rate needs to be boosted to around 10% chance or so.

He was never supposed to be a particularly rare spawn, it's just his ring that was rare.
That.... is dropping right? ;p
Closed Thread