Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why limit yourself to Velious?

Velious sucks. If you want to raid, get yourself to a PoP emu. Forget about this trash. Some of you have been drinking the kool-ade so long you've forgotten how bad this game at Velious really is. Focus items. AA. Actual character progression. Raids with mechanics. These things actually existed in EQ. Whatever this is, you have to be seriously deluded to think this is good.

But yeah p99 has the biggest population. Guess what? That's part of the problem. In 2000 having 1200 people on a server was okay. In 2018 it's grossly overpopulated. EQ can't handle it. It's handled here by the dumbest set of raiding rules possible pushed by the dumbest guild leaders possible.

Get out there man. There's still fun EQ to be had, but p99 isn't it.
Suggestion? I've always liked the expansions up to planes, but everywhere I've looked was basically you had to box to play. Might as well go to official and have mercs then.

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Old 11-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it was to loosen up the current neckbeard agenda.
It does appear that way at first glance but if you look far ahead into the future it's definitely not going to be the case.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 11-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaenc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does appear that way at first glance but if you look far ahead into the future it's definitely not going to be the case.
Get me some lottery numbers with that crystal ball of yours.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-29-2018, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

You guys are the biggest group of babies I've ever seen in a video game. Honestly, you need constant hand holding, special rule sets, etc etc so you can farm gear on a rickety ass 20 year old elf Sim. You've done everything you can to avoid the mechanics that set EQ apart from modern games. Why don't you just go play wow so you can get instanced raid zones and be done with it?
Old 11-29-2018, 01:44 PM
Banned

End game should have no CSR at all. It’s clean it’s simple it’s cruel. It’s perfect.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
End game should have no CSR at all. It’s clean it’s simple it’s cruel. It’s perfect.
I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature
Old 11-29-2018, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are the biggest group of babies I've ever seen in a video game. Honestly, you need constant hand holding, special rule sets, etc etc so you can farm gear on a rickety ass 20 year old elf Sim. You've done everything you can to avoid the mechanics that set EQ apart from modern games. Why don't you just go play wow so you can get instanced raid zones and be done with it?
Once again taking on your aspect raising high the attribute of ambiguity. Only the best among us can simultaneously hit the bullseye and miss the target, and none better than you when you're on your game. I salute you.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
randomized teams (i.e. guilds), lifetime ban for crossteaming, and i'd be down

double posting ftl
Old 12-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
One megazerg guild, no competition, and stand in line with your DKPs for the rot scraps behind the 20 or so nerds that can't walk away from this game for a single day for a decade. Let history repeat itself. Sounds great.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One megazerg guild, no competition, and stand in line with your DKPs for the rot scraps behind the 20 or so nerds that can't walk away from this game for a single day for a decade. Let history repeat itself. Sounds great.
Don't be bothering these people with the truth, man, they can't handle the truth.
Closed Thread