Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

So, I was PMed about the original gear list. Not sure why it was a PM, but I'm reposting it here in case the information is useful to anyone else.

Quote:
I accept that some items on you list are obtainable, even without a weak raid guild.

IF you have time could you make a weaker version, that has no raid gear in it.
So, the magelo I posted isn't really raid-focused in the first place. It's not "gear to get immediately the day Velious opens," it's gear to work towards outside of a raid guild.

Anyways, a break down:

Ears: Black Sapphire, 3k in EC. There's two earrings to upgrade to in Chardok when it's revamped so just wait for those. They're soloable or easily groupable.

Face: Eyepatch of Plunder; Lodizal is soloable with a 60 shaman or easily one groupable. Until then use Crystal Spider Eyes from Velks - small upgrade over Enshrouded Veil.

Head: Circlet of Falinkan, amazing for an item you can obtain with 1 group. Just keep your Platinum Tiara or whatever you're using now while you work towards this.

Chest: Chestplate of Vindication; Just use fungi until you can join BDA/Taken/AG/A-Team or any class R casual guild that will be swimming in these. Nothing else is worth using over Fungi.

Neck: Choker of the Wretched, which can be purchased from a guild doing ring wars. Better yet, get your own 10th Ring and contract a guild to help you with the final event and get this neck as well. Otherwise, get something like Ayilish's Talisman. There's a few different talismans with the same stats. Easily one groupable, could probably do with 2-3 even. However, I highly recommend the choker. If you don't have it, you'll need to get the Coldain Shawl for FT1, which is inferior to other shoulders. It's best to use this slot as your FT slot.

Arms: Mischief. Soloable or duoable or whatever you prefer, just takes time.

Back: Keep your Hierophant's Cloak, the only upgrade in Velious is pre-NToV.

Waist: Bone-Clasped Girdle. Fear update will allow these to enter Hiero-level purchasable in EC status.

Shoulders: Strength of the Elements Quest. Not sure when it's added. Gotta kill some one-groupable stuff like Yael and Phinny. Droppable EC version of this slot is Matchless Dragonwing Mantle.

Wrists: Bracers of Hammerfal. Piss easy quest for how good these are. They're practically given away for getting good dragon faction. And you want good dragon faction, since a lot of this gear requires it. Replace one with a Spirit-Wracked Cord when Chardok is revamped.

Legs: Wolf Caller's Greaves - so let's call these raid loot. Can easily substitute Thurgadin quested legs or whatever faction you want. It's just that the dragon ones are the best. Lack of good leg slot options (not just in Velious - vanilla and Kunark have fuck all for pants too) means you need to fill the slot with quested armor.

Hands: Coldain Skin Gloves. Incredibly amazing shaman gloves. Kill the giant in Kael, do the quest from him, or just buy them in EC. The choice is yours! Just get them, because they're awesome.

Boots: Also Mischief, so see Arms. It's crazy how good these are. You can pick up Vindicator's boots if you find yourself in any sort of raiding guild, otherwise keep your Withered Leather Boots.

Ring1: 10th Coldain Ring. See the neck slot, because it requires finishing the Ring War (successfully).

Ring2: I have Djarn's listed, but Coldain Ring 9 might be better if you don't have maxed stamina without it. Plus, the clicky is useful since reportedly it stacks with Regrowth while the 10th ring doesn't. After the Chardok revamp, you'll want Regal Band of Bathezid in this slot.

Primary: Keep epic. Only real upgrade is in NToV.

Secondary: Orb of the Infinite Void. Buy it in EC or one-group it.

Ranged: Talisman of Benevolence. One-group CoV quest. [Alternatively you can buy an Othmir Prexus Totem in EC.] <-- Edit: Ignore this part, someone was talking about the totem being a ranged item on the Velious Beta server and now that I see the wiki link, it isn't.

Do note that the original magelo is maximized around a Barbarian Shaman with max stamina in creation stats. The original set of gear leaves you at 205 stamina, which is exactly enough to max it with a sta buff.

Also note that this "casual, pre-raid guild" gear list is a 585 HP, 217 mana, 136 AC upgrade over my own current stats. That's significant, so even casual non-raid guild players should enjoy quite a boost.
Last edited by Byrjun; 03-16-2014 at 05:05 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Surprised no one mentioned the Shawl: +7 to everything and +1 mana regen (http://wiki.project1999.com/Runed_Coldain_Prayer_Shawl) ... if you have the tradeskills for it.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Orc

I think the shawl is crap personally and in no way worth the time/investment in trade skills.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Strength of the Elements
AC: 15
STR: +15 HP: +100
SV FIRE: +15 SV COLD: +15

Spirit Wracked Cord
AC: 12
STA: +5 HP: +100
SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +5

Runed Coldain Prayer Shawl
AC: 7
STA + 7 CHA: +7 WIS: +7 INT: +7
SV FIRE: +7 SV COLD: +7 SV POISON: +7
Effect: Flowing Thought I (worn)

AC: 15 vs. 12 vs. 7
HP: 100HP vs. 108HP vs. 11HP
Resists (total): 30 vs. 15 vs. 21
Wisdom: 0 vs. 0 vs. 7
Regen: 0 vs. 2 HP vs. 1 MANA

The Shawl does have its downsides, and maybe I'm just a tradeskill fan, but ... personally I'd still take the shawl over Strength of the Elements. Sure you lose about 89 HP, but you get more mana and, more importantly, a point of mana regen per tick. IMHO regen of any sort > max HP/mana.

The Spirit Wracked Cord on the other hand also has regen, so I might pick it over the shawl ... years from now when it's actually on the server and after I've spent months factioning in Droga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B]personally I'd still take the shawl over Strength of the Elements. Sure you lose about 89 HP, but you get more mana
This is a shaman thread.

Quote:
and, more importantly, a point of mana regen per tick. IMHO regen of any sort > max HP/mana.
FT won't stack according to the research thread, and this is pretty cruddy piece of gear to use for your FT. That's why I recommended the 40/40 neck with FT1 on my guide. Do the Coldain ring quest, you get a badass ring along with the FT1 neck and you can probably commission a raid guild to help with the final war if you let them keep the rest of the stuff.

Quote:
The Spirit Wracked Cord on the other hand also has regen, so I might pick it over the shawl ...
Pretty sure the SWC effect won't stack with Vindi BP. Regardless, it's a crazy good bracer, there's better shoulder options. Getting SWC is going to be a nightmare, though.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FT won't stack according to the research thread, and this is pretty cruddy piece of gear to use for your FT. That's why I recommended the 40/40 neck with FT1 on my guide. Do the Coldain ring quest, you get a badass ring along with the FT1 neck and you can probably commission a raid guild to help with the final war if you let them keep the rest of the stuff.
Lol... I'd say you must be new here, but you aren't.

No guild on this server would dedicate 40-60 people and 2 hours of all their time for YOU to get YOUR ring, and on top of that, keep the most valuable reward from that quest.

FT2 Hybrid crown, shitty mask, DA Earring and 2hp... Yea pass. Better farming Kael or EToV for armor.

If they made DA aggro dumps classic, then maybe DA ear would be more valuable than the FT1 neck... But just maybe.

But as it stands, it will be a year before that neck is available to an unguided person, and they will have to sell their liver to get it.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

DA Earring will be the most valuable reward out of all that. The other stuff isn't bad either.

I've seen guilds help people with stuff for a hell of a lot less in return.

If you're proactive and not defeatist about it, you can get it done.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Eh I'm skeptical.

Help you finish ring, perhaps.

Help you finish ring AND you claim neck piece because science... Dunno if a guild would help and let you keep that 500k+ bis neck item basically.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Othmir totem IS ranged item on Beta and on Wiki...

confused.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Othmir totem IS ranged item on Beta and on Wiki...

confused.
I'm confused too. I remember it saying Primary/Secondary when I looked it up, but there's no edit history. So yea, Othmir Prexus Totem is an alternative ranged item until you get the CoV faction for the Talisman of Benevolence.