Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Default Best item from VP?

Assume you have a VP key ready to go, but you aren't sure which of your characters to give it to. You're choosing between a Wizard, a Cleric and a Necro. Each has a very nice class specific item from VP they would benefit from:

Cleric: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shissar_Apothic_Staff

Wizard: https://wiki.project1999.com/Solist%..._of_Invocation

Necro: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shissar_Seance_Staff

Which class do you think would benefit the most from its respective item? Especially interested in hearing from people who actually have one or more of these. How much use do you get out of it? Did it totally change the way you play?

I'm leaning Wizard at the moment just because being able to sustain ~50 DPS mana-free seems completely game changing. But healing 2500hp per minute mana free on the Cleric or having a ~700 hp mana free lifetap on the Necro are also pretty damn huge. Seems a tough call. Thoughts?
Old 06-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric -> Necro -> wiz. Manafree heals during rez times for your shamans, top every one off between mobs, no more low hp aggro on looting corpse. Heal with stick then click CH if needed.

Necro lifetaps eye and never has to worry about whether there's a mob coming in. Or if a resist. The cast time sucks and swapping weapons is annoying especially if you use fear stick or epic snare.

Wizard I am no good at so I don't know. But there's other nuke clickies now that velious is out.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Wizard benefits the most.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard. Those other things are toys and not game changers.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
According to the Wiki, this could potentially be removed soon. You could always get another VP key, but if the staff is nerfed, it's gone forever.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I've got all three items in question.

I favor the Cleric staff above the others. When most trash mobs are slowed, you can keep up someone indefinitely with the staff. In the case of HoTesting/WToV/NToV trash 2-3 Clerics with staves can keep up tanks indefinitely after slow.

The Necromancer staff is nice when sitting around medding and on longer fights. In harder solo situations typically the long cast time doesn't allow you to use it, and Vexing is more valuable. Without Elder Beads / Stalking probes it's a bit less valuable. Outside of perhaps a Ring 10/pre-nerf Fungi, I think it's still the most important necro item you could have pre-Luclin. The Velketor Ring can serve was a pseudo substitute.

The wizard Robe is good for long fights and in groups where P99 wizards are useless warm bodies. It will increase in value if they implement the October immunities patch correctly. A lot of mobs that are currently Magic immune to prevent slow, switch over to having varying levels of Magic resistance but with the slow immunity tag. Most notably AoW is very vulnerable to magic based spells after the change. Being able to spam away at AoW inbetween Ice Spears would make wizards actually viable on this fight rather than a joke.

Cleric > Necro > Wizard is the order.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got all three items in question.

I favor the Cleric staff above the others. When most trash mobs are slowed, you can keep up someone indefinitely with the staff. In the case of HoTesting/WToV/NToV trash 2-3 Clerics with staves can keep up tanks indefinitely after slow.

The Necromancer staff is nice when sitting around medding and on longer fights. In harder solo situations typically the long cast time doesn't allow you to use it, and Vexing is more valuable. Without Elder Beads / Stalking probes it's a bit less valuable. Outside of perhaps a Ring 10/pre-nerf Fungi, I think it's still the most important necro item you could have pre-Luclin. The Velketor Ring can serve was a pseudo substitute.

The wizard Robe is good for long fights and in groups where P99 wizards are useless warm bodies. It will increase in value if they implement the October immunities patch correctly. A lot of mobs that are currently Magic immune to prevent slow, switch over to having varying levels of Magic resistance but with the slow immunity tag. Most notably AoW is very vulnerable to magic based spells after the change. Being able to spam away at AoW inbetween Ice Spears would make wizards actually viable on this fight rather than a joke.

Cleric > Necro > Wizard is the order.
The velk ring doesn't even counter the life you lose if you're in lich while casting it...it's click is literally garbage and is only good for the stats.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Shissar Apothic Staff had far better use during Kunark.

Wiz #1 easily.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

SoW sword. Duh.
Nothing else compares.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Seriously. If you consider a character's power after receiving these items, the wizard gets the biggest boost, no question.
Closed Thread