Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 01:16 AM
Banned

kaesora is a v difficult dungeon I agree.

Runneye always seemed overcrowded to me, so I couldnt think of it as a difficult dungeon.

Though I never made it down to the little gobby town till p99 so maybe it is, idk

Lguk i think is one of the easier dungeons in the game, but simultaneously the most well designed dungeon in the game.

Like you can really fuck up down there, and mobs like arch magis and lord and frenzied are v difficult for players of appropriate gear. However the rest of the zone has safe spots, and safe halls, ample camps and camp areas and so on and so forth.

I mean hell, when I first went to Lguk, i thought holy shit hthis is like a secret player made city! it was so crowded. You could walk around down there as a level 1 the zone was so empty. I would say, "if only those newbie naked trolls in the swamp knew what kind of magical magic was below their feet, they would be blown away"
Old 06-09-2017, 01:27 AM
Sarnak

Dalnir level adjusted. I would bet many have never even been there.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:38 AM
Banned

TOFS for level appropriate questing is about the only zone that has frustrated me.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:14 AM
Banned

I don't think I've ever been in a HS group that didn't wipe at some point.
  • Least safe zone-in of any dungeon?
  • Need new keys to retrieve corpses if full wipe.
  • Many enemies here see invis and even sneak hide (the latter being very rare anywhere in the game)
  • Carpet pits.
  • Fuck.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:16 AM
Banned

Paw is stupid hard, but most of that difficulty comes from shitty, shitty pathing, so I don't know if that counts. It doesn't seem intentionally that hard.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestovv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I've ever been in a HS group that didn't wipe at some point.
lol this is true despite a few peoples sickness farming in there but in classic no way
Last edited by mickmoranis; 06-09-2017 at 02:25 AM..
Old 06-09-2017, 02:24 AM
Banned

In classic it was rare on rallos zek that anyone ever went inside the mistmoore castle, idk if that was the way it was on other servers but as soon as you set foot in there everyone around you was dead.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:31 AM
Banned

In velious/luclin maybe pop era I remember a patch that fixed monsters getting stuck and exploited which essentially allowed them to walk through all walls/geometry. Prior to the patch people I knew would for instance kill mammoths in everfrost on this platform where the mammoth would get stuck on the geometry and never get to the player. It could be freely dotted and nuked without being rooted/snared/anything.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

I always thought it was dumb that finding a position that a mob was unable to climb to was considered an exploit. Just seems like tactics.

They should have just added like a memblur, fear or something AI to make it less practical. Having a mammoth super jump or warp through walls is more immersion breaking than having it stamp about confused or run away to safety.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dalnir level adjusted. I would bet many have never even been there.
One of the worst (best?) parts about Dalnir is the fact that the only way out is to go deeper in, after a point, and that the Kly and Kly Overseer both have a 700 DD ice nuke waiting for you right in front of the zone out.

But aside from Kurn's, I have the most memories there.
Closed Thread