Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Banned

I liked SZ teams on live. Don't want it to replace this server. But if there were like 600 posts from unique accounts. I'd say it would be worth some investment.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli Pops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will save thread for next poop time. A+
Old 08-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokannis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop posting, you have no clue at all what you are talking about. You "think" they suck, you don't know. Those who have played SZ ruleset KNOW its great
Very convincing argument. Except almost every single MMO has had a team pvp server. It's like you're from the past and you have no knowledge of anything that's transpired since 1999.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a terrible idea to think the Evil side won't dominate again. You can spout all the supposed veteran sentiment all you want. As long as necromancers and sks are unique to one team that's an incredible lure and boost on a pvp teams server. The counter lure is suppose to be druids and paladins but as long as they are split between two teams, it just becomes too dilluted of a force strength. I think sullon zek was my favorite EQ experience, I am with everyone on everything else just 2 teams instead of 3. Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it
I think you are underestimating the impact of the team balancing changes I proposed. FFA PvP among the Evils would make them a less cohesive force. Smaller numbers of Goods and Newts would have a greater impact than they did on SZ. And the bonuses for those teams would attract more players to reduce the population discrepancy further. Also, most people coming from Blue would probably roll Neutral or Good to avoid the prospect of FFA PvP on evil.

That being said, I would rather see this server with 2 teams than not at all. But I think 3 teams is best and provides the richest experience, despite the inherent balancing challenges.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you are underestimating the impact of the team balancing changes I proposed. FFA PvP among the Evils would make them a less cohesive force. Smaller numbers of Goods and Newts would have a greater impact than they did on SZ. And the bonuses for those teams would attract more players to reduce the population discrepancy further. Also, most people coming from Blue would probably roll Neutral or Good to avoid the prospect of FFA PvP on evil.

That being said, I would rather see this server with 2 teams than not at all. But I think 3 teams is best and provides the richest experience, despite the inherent balancing challenges.
I saw your changes, we're all on the same side I think, trying to get to the same end result, just have different approaches that's all.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

tldr

nothing he has to say hasn't been said. Teams offers nothing for the server.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Banned

Pooping now. Would read again. A-
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally the greatest .jpg in all of recorded history.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

didn't read but i don't think any ruleset changes can save the server without a complete wipe at this point and there's never going to be a wipe so server dead

perhaps blue transfers could get it done, but what would keep nizzar from absorbing all these bluebies and just make a bigger nihilum? Nothing. There's no rules again'st recruiting everyone, and since getting pixels is the most important, that's what's going to happen.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:33 AM
Aviak

Yuk... let the blubies copy over

Im not your friend
Rallos Zek (99' Veteran)
Closed Thread