Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Banned

Hardest dungeon in the game is "Escape from Mother's Basement"

PM me for strats
Old 07-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardest dungeon in the game is "Escape from Mother's Basement"

PM me for strats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buster.jpg (45.6 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is obviously the case, it really calls into question whether SG should be properly considered a dungeon at all. If a zone is designed so that a single level and gear appropriate group cannot complete all of its content, then perhaps it should be more accurately labeled a mini-raid zone or a multi-group dungeon.

This is why I can see where mickmoranis is coming from. SG is definitely harder than HS in the sense that it takes more killing power to be successful there. But that's because it's basically not a true dungeon at all. It's like if you're talking about who the toughest guy in the neighborhood is and someone is like, "Well, Brock Lesnar is a lot tougher." It's like yeah, no shit, but we're talking about guys from the neighborhood, you know?

I would define a true dungeon as meeting these criteria:

1) Indoors
2) Single groupable
3) Content intended to be used for leveling/XPing

Thoughts?
yea, this a big reason I consider SG to be more of a mini raid zone than a dungeon, if you look at the square footage of the place, its way more in line with what you'd consider a raid encounter, than a dungeon, the fact that there are about 80% less drops than the average ever-quest dungeon leads me to feel this way, let alone the fact that some mobs are just not killable unless you have more than 6 people, or you're sicko 5 years emu server geared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But there are parts to SG that are single groupable, so not sure if that would work. I mean, Sol B is a dungeon but also has fire giants and Nagafen, which are raids
Well, solB is more of a dungeon, with a SG attached to it. The fire giant section of SolB basically makes up half of SG's square footage, and actually has more item drops and named spawns than SG has all together.

Not even counting the XP/dungeon area of the zone.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaka, when the walls fell?
Dar Ghoul and jibaner at The Tangrin, when the lev faded.
Closed Thread