Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-20-2023, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

I often keep bedlam up,but it isn't essential. I run one stun more often than not,and usually don't mez on recharms unless it gets dicey. Usually a color slant is enough,but often burns my bedlam. 2 stuns is certainly safer. If I'm killing big mobs,like Royals I use boltrans even if the mob is allurable.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That 2 seconds makes all the difference, allure's casting time is 6 seconds so the mob(s) will be unstunned and can interrupt you before charm lands.

Berserker/Bedlam has a 9 second cooldown on top slot. I think it's an essential spell on your bar at all times along with charm and 2 stuns.
I never stun + re-charm

I always do stun + mez (or root if giant or dragon). Then I’ll often refresh bedlam that’s been knocked off, maybe re-root the other target, and re-charm before mez fades

I can see the helpfulness of a stun + re-charm when you have 2+ mobs in melee range tho
Old 09-20-2023, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Slant Boltran skew blanket
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-20-2023, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

I basically never use boltrans (3k mana zero FT life) but that would be the play. Slant > Allure > Bedlam is what I generally do. You take a hit or two from a slowed mob while channeling bedlam but that buys time for your pet to get aggro and then you have at least 1 rune up.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

I'm supposing tactics would change if I ever had the desire to do Sirens or Kael or Sky, Chardok or something..

But for regular plat / exp farm camping, everywhere else, I've been doing fine without any stun. And not even 60 yet.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:16 AM
Aviak

I got in my spellbar:

1. charm
2. mez
3. swap (calm, DD, slow, berserker)
4. stun 2
5. ae-mez
6. root
7. tash (but used as swap, when mobs are tashed)
8. stun 1

and I can't, for the love of god, figure out, which spell i should lose to keep ToT on the bar... AE-mez i suppose, when there's no risk of getting multiples.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

You don't need single target + ae mez, swap to single target for initial charms.
Top slot charm is waste of gcd cool down, good spot for root
Old 09-21-2023, 11:31 AM
Banned

A bit off topic, but I went poking around velious for just about the first time

Coming from N Ro so all I’ve seen so far was a bit of ToFS (but didn’t go far) and Kael. At 58 I simply could not find a blue con giant in Kael, had to go fairly deep. I basically went until I bumped into a raid guild that was there, at that point I turned around due to not wanting to step on anyone’s toes

Is it worth it to massacre the green giants hoping for that tiny chance of a torn cloth or whatever drop? The low level ones suck as pets, they don’t do enough damage. So I was using the animation which was faster (since they weren’t giving me exp anyway). But they take a while to kill because of their ridic regen (what are they all dual wielding z-hearts? I actually sometimes watch their health tick up while the animation is whaling on them with haste)

I’m assuming people are going to say no, but what about charm killing the blues? I know it will take a while. I would probably just eat the 50% exp loss and let the charmed kill. Then I don’t even care about killing the pet if it can out-regen my ability to nuke it, I could just drop charm and blur it. This would all be for the purpose of trying to get one of those torn cloth drops
Old 09-21-2023, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Coming from N Ro so all I’ve seen so far was a bit of ToFS (but didn’t go far) and Kael. At 58 I simply could not find a blue con giant in Kael, had to go fairly deep. I basically went until I bumped into a raid guild that was there, at that point I turned around due to not wanting to step on anyone’s toes

Is it worth it to massacre the green giants hoping for that tiny chance of a torn cloth or whatever drop? The low level ones suck as pets, they don’t do enough damage. So I was using the animation which was faster (since they weren’t giving me exp anyway). But they take a while to kill because of their ridic regen (what are they all dual wielding z-hearts? I actually sometimes watch their health tick up while the animation is whaling on them with haste)

I’m assuming people are going to say no, but what about charm killing the blues? I know it will take a while. I would probably just eat the 50% exp loss and let the charmed kill. Then I don’t even care about killing the pet if it can out-regen my ability to nuke it, I could just drop charm and blur it. This would all be for the purpose of trying to get one of those torn cloth drops
no
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-21-2023, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can do a bit at the 4-way just in kael up the first stairs from wl.
A lot of them are belly casters though,and the drop rates are really bad.