Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-21-2023, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit off topic, but I went poking around velious for just about the first time

Coming from N Ro so all I’ve seen so far was a bit of ToFS (but didn’t go far) and Kael. At 58 I simply could not find a blue con giant in Kael, had to go fairly deep. I basically went until I bumped into a raid guild that was there, at that point I turned around due to not wanting to step on anyone’s toes

Is it worth it to massacre the green giants hoping for that tiny chance of a torn cloth or whatever drop? The low level ones suck as pets, they don’t do enough damage. So I was using the animation which was faster (since they weren’t giving me exp anyway). But they take a while to kill because of their ridic regen (what are they all dual wielding z-hearts? I actually sometimes watch their health tick up while the animation is whaling on them with haste)

I’m assuming people are going to say no, but what about charm killing the blues? I know it will take a while. I would probably just eat the 50% exp loss and let the charmed kill. Then I don’t even care about killing the pet if it can out-regen my ability to nuke it, I could just drop charm and blur it. This would all be for the purpose of trying to get one of those torn cloth drops
I've seen some people farm near 4 way, maybe pulling to south of the building marked 4 on the map. I think the blue lietenants at least have a chance for armor drops. You have to watch out for Captain Bvellos, a level 53 over-hitter paladin, he has a very long path that goes through 4 way. I don't think it would be a good camp for an enchanter, but you might as well try it. One of the necro youtubers did a video on it, maybe something to toss on while you check it out.

Plate wearers can get a lot of thurg plate drops by doing plate house with a big group, but unfortunately there's no cloth/leather equivalent. For cloth wearers imo it makes more sense to check out your guild's HOT raids; that gear is better too.

WL Geonids are worth a visit while you are in the area. They are not amazing but I think they fit your preferences; they are a chill outdoor xp spot that gives a bit of steady plat from gems drops.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:35 PM
Banned

Noice Ty, will do
Old 09-21-2023, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do a bit at the 4-way just in kael up the first stairs from wl.
A lot of them are belly casters though,and the drop rates are really bad.
Yeah the cleric ones are kind of annoying with their dispels and heals. Normally I spam mez to interrupt casters, but that don’t work on giants. But stun seems to, weirdly enough. Coulda swore stun didn’t work on kunark giants, but maybe I’m misremembering
Old 09-21-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Giants as a mob type should be globally immune to stun, aye?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-21-2023, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the cleric ones are kind of annoying with their dispels and heals. Normally I spam mez to interrupt casters, but that don’t work on giants. But stun seems to, weirdly enough. Coulda swore stun didn’t work on kunark giants, but maybe I’m misremembering
It doesn't work on any giant, if your casting color slant what your seeing is the mana drain effect hitting.
So it doesn't say resisted,but they aren't being stunned. It's stupid
Old 09-21-2023, 03:45 PM
Banned

Unsung, which GCD item are you using? I like Star of Eyes usually, but find the longer distance on Rod of Insidious Glamour can come in handy at times when casting from afar. Others like jboots for outside and Skrunken Goblin Skull Earring if you don't want to need a target to reset GCD both can come in handy at times. I use them all the time when solo chantering. Each has a pro/con.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsung, which GCD item are you using? I like Star of Eyes usually, but find the longer distance on Rod of Insidious Glamour can come in handy at times when casting from afar. Others like jboots for outside and Skrunken Goblin Skull Earring if you don't want to need a target to reset GCD both can come in handy at times. I use them all the time when solo chantering. Each has a pro/con.
I use glamour, if nothing is around I target myself

I also can get a bit spammy with it sometimes
“So and so looks amiable”

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2023, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Other servers actually require two clicks to reset GCD. So you're just covering all bases.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Rod is amazing, can be clicked from inventory if you ever manage to charm a snake
The non agro light up effect is very nice for targeting in tight packs
Old 09-22-2023, 02:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rod is amazing, can be clicked from inventory if you ever manage to charm a snake
The non agro light up effect is very nice for targeting in tight packs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3099.jpg (23.5 KB, 2 views)