Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

lol will also defend Auto follow.. AF run through WK EVERYTIME!!(or at least being the one that peeps are using AF on).

But yeah, Gms have test like Loramin said. Just watching the video, clearly its botting. Opening a petition is buried among tons of others. To get a quick response @CSR on the p99 they will handle it quickly then.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

I always wondered if it was against the rules to be leveling while AFK but not by your own actions
For example, i grouped with a guy in highkeep who said he cant wait till he's 34 so he can join a group with his levelv50 friend who farms hill giants because he will afk in hide on top of mountain while he works soaking up the xp wasted on his friend and I thought it was a legit idea but now I'm not sure.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wondered if it was against the rules to be leveling while AFK but not by your own actions
For example, i grouped with a guy in highkeep who said he cant wait till he's 34 so he can join a group with his levelv50 friend who farms hill giants because he will afk in hide on top of mountain while he works soaking up the xp wasted on his friend and I thought it was a legit idea but now I'm not sure.
Quote:
3. You may not kill NPC's while you are not at your PC.

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any NPC or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping", such as faction killing, is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action.
There's some ambiguity there, but per that last sentence it seems likely to be against the rules.

However, even if it is, there's a "letter of the law vs. practice" issue here. While in theory it might be against the rules ... what are the odds that when you do this someone else (not in your group) sees you doing it, realizes that you are "AFK camping" (vs. just taking an AFK break) and actually bothers to petition? Because until someone gets a GM to come look at you, you could be violating 20 server rules at once and it won't matter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's some ambiguity there, but per that last sentence it seems likely to be against the rules.

However, even if it is, there's a "letter of the law vs. practice" issue here. While in theory it might be against the rules ... what are the odds that when you do this someone else (not in your group) sees you doing it, realizes that you are "AFK camping" (vs. just taking an AFK break) and actually bothers to petition? Because until someone gets a GM to come look at you, you could be violating 20 server rules at once and it won't matter.
But the person who is AFK is not killing said targets. hes simply getting exp from someone else who is at their PC. If it was against the rules then there would be no such thing as "AFK power leveling" and that is all the rage.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like all the duos I see where one character is autofollowing. I've played this game for 20 years, I don't think I've ever once autofollowed anybody outside of like the first month I played. It's so glitchy and undependable there's no reason to do it if you're not boxing.
You laggin bro?

I've AF'd since 99. AF'd a guild member last night from NK to Perma because I was eating.

Worked great in 99.. works great now.

On that note, watch the video.. that player is clearly using a script.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 PM
Banned

Delete the bot. People don't even bot this egregiously where botting has been legalized.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not against the rules. What would be against the rules as far as AFK goes is putting your pet on guard on a spawn and then leaving and having it kill the spawn every time, for example.

If someone wants to let you leach EXP from them, that's their prerogative and not much different from PLing. Note that you would have to consider your ability to defend yourself from an RMT accusation if the staff thought you had RMTed PLing in the form of sitting grouped with the PLer (such as being able to prove the person was your friend etc.).
Old 05-19-2020, 08:57 PM
Banned

basically dont play this game without an elf lawyer

none of u should be playing this game if u need an elf lawyer to be playing this game

kind of a catch22 but there it is
Old 05-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Plot twist: I don't necessarily mind bots as long as they act more human-like and don't lock down my quest mob. I've never botted on P99 but I've botted before on other games.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
Orc

I so rarely nuke a corpse, super rare.
Closed Thread