Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Question bard charm question

When you charm do you stand back and watch, like say an enchanter would or do you get in there and give a few whacks (probably take a few as well). Is it possible to melee with your charmed pet similar to how a shammy tanks with his wolf? Is the duration on bard charm just so short that it is dangerous?
Assume you are wearing a Fungi.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly it depends on the mob. If you're charming, usually it's best to sit back and hit the uncharmed mob with DoTS. When the charm breaks, charm the mob with DoTs on it. Rinse and repeat. If you follow the charm chanting technique, it really speeds up kills on mobs.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

^ dots and maybe a snare if you want it to have almost no chance of catching you. although this might get instant agro on you (that snare song is insane agro)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

If you want to melee the mob while keeping a charmed pet for a specific reason like getting a Tash Orb to proc, then you can fear kite one mob and just charm an add to beat on him. Sometimes I do this to get a caster down quickly or if there's a really high level mob I want to kill that would destroy local pets like killing Drolvarg Captain at KC entrance. Rotation is just Charm -> Snare -> Fear, and maybe a dot or hp regen thrown in.

After a certain level the mobs you are charming do too much damage, and your melee damage becomes sad. Don't want to get quadded and stunned on an early charm break. It's safer and more efficient to do a rotation of Charm -> Selos -> Chant 1 -> Chant 2. If you get a Selos Bracer you can DS both mobs too, when they start quadding it speeds things up.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for the info I was hoping to break up the monotony of just kinda standing there. I guess I may have to look elsewhere.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all for the info I was hoping to break up the monotony of just kinda standing there. I guess I may have to look elsewhere.
Who is the gurl in ur avatar?
Old 07-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Kate Upton
Closed Thread