Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Banned

no one gives a shit

you don't even play on p99 anymore
Old 12-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is gplv3 law.

How do u know.

They're probably just only using the API from the netstack. And APIs and law still aren't even settled? Idk.

Anyway. As an OG nerd... Loramin is being a bit hyperbolic.. and just wants the games super secret dice rolls published. To p99s credit, that sauce does feel different from live, or stock EMU.
GPL3 is a very well-settled license. And it doesn't matter if P99 has replaced 99.9% of the stock EQEmulator code (though I doubt they have): if they use any of that code, they agreed (legally-speaking) the moment they used it to share their code.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Municipalities are choosing not to prosecute actual theft. Good luck with this one.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Why dont you become the Angry crying Soyface man about it?
Old 12-10-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

rogean doesn't like loramin

also loramin has a habit of randomly banning people from the wiki and

talking weird shit on the forums that no one cares about
Old 12-10-2021, 04:36 PM
Banned

Loramin on a crusade to burn the world down and autisticly bot/box on TAkP or PEQtheGrandCreation.

Very hateful! :😈
Old 12-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Considering who runs EQ-Emulator I don't think P1999 has to worry overmuch.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin on a crusade to burn the world down and autisticly bot/box on TAkP or PEQtheGrandCreation.

Very hateful! :��
On the contrary, this would help every other EQ Emu.

Look, we like to pretend Rogean and Nilbog spun this place out of whole cloth, but they didn't: they're standing on the shoulders of giants (ie. the EQ Emulator devs).

Now I know those people are faceless, but I'm talking about people just like R&N here: people so passionate about EverQuest that they spend years of their life writing code to try to simulate the original servers. R&N came along, took what they offered, and (legally speaking) spat in their face.

But if R&N complied with their legal obligation, TakP, PEQ, etc. could all incorporate improvements that R&N have made into their servers. In other words, it would do exactly what the GPL3 was designed to do: ensure that any improvements made by one user get shared to others so that all benefit.

R&N are quite literally standing in the way of improving the very servers you mentioned by not sharing their code as required by GPL3.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-10-2021 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-10-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering who runs EQ-Emulator I don't think P1999 has to worry overmuch.
Doesn't matter. Once you license something GPL3, even if the original license holder wants to change the license, and grant you an exclusive right to not publish ... they can't.

The moment they put that license on their source code repository it was out of their hands, legally speaking: that code has been released under that license.

Old 12-10-2021, 05:03 PM
Banned

can you just enjoy something that was made so people like us can play for free

why are you bitching about it
Closed Thread