Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Aviak

Hit 20 last night(finally). Got some gate spells to travel around now. Starting to quad kite Borer Beetles in North Karana. Getting on average 4% to 5% per four. Not too bad but decent to do because it works without SoW and the zoneline is close to the west side where they roam.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Aviak

You will want to acquire Pillar of Fire (researched 16th level quad spell) otherwise Column of Frost will take forever. Going to continue doing Borer and see if I can do Scythe Beetles next, although didn't see too many of those.
Last edited by thewrush; 05-08-2015 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: quad spell
Old 05-08-2015, 12:12 PM
Skeleton

hey man, if you remember I'd be curious where else you end up xp'ing if you update the thread. I don't have a wiz but I'm still curious what works out!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

At level 20 with my wizard I was killing gargoyles in OOT. Pretty good exp and amazing cash. Just a thought if you get tired of quadding or need money for spells/gear upgrades...
Old 05-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey man, if you remember I'd be curious where else you end up xp'ing if you update the thread. I don't have a wiz but I'm still curious what works out!
Right now the best exp i get is staying as close to EC as i can. Now at lvl 10, I get Sow and Clarity/breeze and go after beetles as they are slow as shit. Its great exp and easy Cast DD run cast DD run. Rest after. with Clarity it goes fast.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Fire Giant

Get your body ready because 29 is no different. Bonds costs too much mana, even with good gear. Duration is crap, and resists are high. You'll still be root nuking and grouping til more like 34.

And you're gonna need a flux staff or life will be even harder trying to quad.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Scarabs are a great idea! they are really slow runners!

I guess they struggle to get all those legs organised!
Old 05-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you're gonna need a flux staff or life will be even harder trying to quad.
^^ This

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 05-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Kobold

I did 8-12 in EC killing whatever I could, accepting whatever buffs I could find. At 12 I bought my level 20 self port spells, my level 16 spells, and went to Kurns tower. Very fast soloing and grouping to level 20. At 20 I obtained my staff of temporal Flux and started quadding Craig spiders in EK to 26. I used sow pots or begged for a sow. At 26 I went to everfrost to quad mammoths, but these aren't really viable anymore. Instead I would quad beetles in NK, centaurs or gnolls in SK, or sisters on sister island in OoT to 34ish. At 34 head to FV and quad pirates to 40. 40 head to OT and do trash at sky fire zone entrance to 44, or stay in FV and do drolvargs to 44. I then did DL from 44 to 51 fairly quickly.

You don't really need snare until you start using the level 34 aoe spell. The lower level spells cast quickly enough to out run the mobs chasing you. You really want the staff of temporal Flux though, it makes judging distances much much easier. You'll also need a steady source of sow.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Need some higher level help in order to acquire the temperate flux staff though. Can't exactly kill the npcs that drop the pieces. You can however go to those zones and shout or wait for someone to ooc such and such is rotting. Or if you notify some guildies to save the pieces later for the MQ that is even better.

I would say the hardest piece to get is the Heart of Ice and Rod of Stone. I don't see many people in permafrost or someone killing Stone skeletons that often, if any. Either way if you got your staff at 20 that is pretty awesome.

I'm currently 23 and have been itching to get mine for awhile now. Along with the Staff of the Wheel and other Wiz quest gear.
Closed Thread