Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default My Enchanter Adventure in HS

I am doing a journal style wiki article on my solo enchanter adventures in HS.

Check it out and please leave any tips on writing, wiki, or not sucking in HS.

I will bump this thread when I update it.

Also, I have never used a wiki before, so I have no idea how to move it to the guides section.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchante...ones_Adventure
Last edited by Tewaz; 08-27-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I have never used a wiki before, so I have no idea how to move it to the guides section.
You do some things backwards on wikis. If you want to "move a page to the guides section" you don't do anything to your page; instead you go to the guides section, edit it, and add a link to your page.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks Loramin.

I added it.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Good read. Good luck on the journey and yes Yums is the man.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

So you were able to mez the East roamer at 55 and 56 with little to no resists? Must be a different resist coding over there. I accidentally aggroed him at 57, he resisted 4-5 mez zed and 2 stuns before beating me to a pulp. Hell, even now at 60 it's about a 1 in 3 chance of a resist.

I feel you on the crit resist death. Most of my deaths in South are due to a first or second cast crit resist that brings a whole room of multiple HT skeles directly on my face.

Not sure if you knew (I didn't for a while), but you can ToT any skeleton in the zone. If it HTs, it's ToTable, which makes sepul and greater war bone skeles my preferred pets in the wings you're doing.

Since you're nearing the level where this matters:

Cajole works on mobs that hit for up to 123.
Allure works on mobs that hit for up to 144.
Boltrans is only option if it hits for 148 or higher.

If you ever have any questions or are looking for any advice, either PM me or look me up in game on Blue. I almost exclusively leveled in HS from 53-60 and do most of my plat farming in there as well.

Good read though. Keep em coming.

- Gimpster
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

East pather (and all trash in east) can be level 50-54 iirc. A level 50 wouldn't be too hard to lock down at 55, but a 54 would be brutal.

Misc comments: if you get a magic dot buried behind buffs, click off buffs rather than dispelling all of them. Don't finish off a skeleton mob when you need to med up after the fight; keep him dazzled or rooted and ToT him. You can invis down to the orb room and safely drop invis and mem new spells and stuff in the corner of that room that doesn't have a scorp spawn in it. You say you learned a lesson of playing it safe, but you still aren't stocking peridots and backup charisma gear (AT LEAST get dots in there!) for CRs! That's not playing it safe! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Misc question: mezzes can break before their full duration now? Are you sure a pet isn't hitting stuff?

You can totally do north at 56. It takes some time/deaths to figure out the pathers and timings and such, but it really is as safe a place as any once you know it, especially since the odds of you ever running into another player in there are slim to none (or if you do see someone else in the zone, you'll be able to see them coming before they get to you with gnoming through the walls or bind sight or something). North starts dropping loot that sells pretty nicely on red, too, since there are some resist pieces besides the wis belt and monk club (and more 51-54 spells) and stuff.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-27-2014 at 08:16 PM..
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 PM
Banned

HS north at 57 is like one of those omg moments.. like 56 is like whatever, its EQ.. but 57 all of the sudden your like... uh should I clear the back room? there's nothing left to kill wtf.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for all the input guys. I will bump when I update.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Sarnak

Since you asked for opinions:

It seems the guide is in the wrong place. Maybe making a new category called Zone Specific Guides and placing it there.

Loraen's Enchanter Guide is something to look up to: it's full of useful info for both new and experienced enchanters. Xornn's Guide to Enchanting and Xornn's Enchanter Spell Guide are the epitomes of wiki guides for any class, period.

Jamm's Howling Stones Adventure adds very little to the question of "how to play an enchanter like a pro" - yet it's under the enchanter's guide section. But it does offer some tips on how to survive Howling Stones, and it's writen in a fresh and honest way (e.g. [...] with my heart beat hammering in my ear, the zone pops [...]).

I suggest we create a new category and move it there, knowing that all new categories eventually get populated. Lets build it and people will come.

Cheers.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Very cool - subbed.
Closed Thread