Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got my enchanter to level 12 and found something kinda fun. Charm a wisp and send it after anything less than lvl 12. They can't hurt it since not magical. (I think at level 12 is when mobs start being able to hit magic creatures)
Fun having a wisp clear the EC orc camps.
Wisps themselves don't have magical attacks either until around level 11 or 12 like you said, so what you can do once you get a little higher is go to NK, charm a ghoul, and massacre wisps. Good money at that level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Nice, gonna try that. The exp on GLS is even good way past the wisps going green.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

So I just hit level 13, and i tried minos, but they are pretty camped... what are some great spots at level 13? I find myself getting bored spending an hour trying to find a solid solo spot that isnt camped already =(
Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Charm really doesn't start coming to it's own until level 20+. Before that, it just sucks up too much mana. At level 13, I'd recommend just going to unrest until level 18-20

Hope that helps
Old 11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

I find charm to be perfectly usable at level 12. If minotaurs are too camped you can check out North Karana. Careful with the willowisps - you need to have them fight monsters at least level 11 if you want them to take damage. But the benefit is you get a good deal of plat and EXP from the greater lightstones.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got my enchanter to level 12 and found something kinda fun. Charm a wisp and send it after anything less than lvl 12. They can't hurt it since not magical. (I think at level 12 is when mobs start being able to hit magic creatures)
Fun having a wisp clear the EC orc camps.
Thanks for this!

Tried this last night in WC. Charmed a wisp and sent it after some young kodiaks and spiders. Sit and med until mob is almost dead. Back up pet, mezz mob, nuke mob, and take full xp! Really fast since I didn't have to spend mana to kill the wisps.

Pretty fun and I dinged 13. Gonna try to get over to Steamfont and try some minos. Pretty sure this will be tougher unless I have clarity. Mana bar is always way low if I have to kill both mobs.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht Farstrider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for this!

Tried this last night in WC. Charmed a wisp and sent it after some young kodiaks and spiders. Sit and med until mob is almost dead. Back up pet, mezz mob, nuke mob, and take full xp! Really fast since I didn't have to spend mana to kill the wisps.

Pretty fun and I dinged 13. Gonna try to get over to Steamfont and try some minos. Pretty sure this will be tougher unless I have clarity. Mana bar is always way low if I have to kill both mobs.
I found it more effective to have two monsters that can actually hurt each other. If they're close to the same level, you can take both down for pretty much the same amount of mana. It only gets tricky when one is almost dead and the other is at like 50% hp; in that case you have to decide whether to take the 50% one as a new pet, to DoT it down, to mem blur it, etc.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm really doesn't start coming to it's own until level 20+. Before that, it just sucks up too much mana. At level 13, I'd recommend just going to unrest until level 18-20

Hope that helps
I wholeheartedly disagree with this as I leveled a naked enchanter with no SoW or jboots (with points into stamina, so I had less int and cha than most of you would) from 12-20 in Najena/Lavastorm in about 5-6 hours on a Saturday using the method in the OP.

At 16 mana becomes irrelevant with breeze and charming does become much much easier, but charm is far from useless 12-15 and extremely powerful at 16.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just hit level 13, and i tried minos, but they are pretty camped... what are some great spots at level 13? I find myself getting bored spending an hour trying to find a solid solo spot that isnt camped already =(
At 13 you can do a lot of places, one of the best places for many reasons is Najena.
1: Never camped.
2: Enough mobs to solo without catching the respawn timer.
3: Near druid port.
4: Spot is safe and at entrance, can run easily.
5: 200% exp with ZEM edit: correction 186.67% exp
6: Only one of the pulls isn't single pullable, which.. as you're charming doesn't even matter. Charm one, sic on other, split.

Other places.. WC dervs/orcs, Nro dervs, Oasis dervs, UGuk alligators (not sure of exact lvl), Crushbone throne room (may need to calm/mez but I know that when I started fighting here I was surprised at how pullable it was), blackburrow (them fangs!), blah blah, there are more places [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found it more effective to have two monsters that can actually hurt each other. If they're close to the same level, you can take both down for pretty much the same amount of mana. It only gets tricky when one is almost dead and the other is at like 50% hp; in that case you have to decide whether to take the 50% one as a new pet, to DoT it down, to mem blur it, etc.
Agreed, charm mobs that will barely win, or barely lose. Twice the exp for the same mana cost.
Last edited by myxomatosii; 11-21-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5: 200% exp with ZEM
Not sure where you're getting this but I'm pretty sure no zone in P99 has ZEM that good.
Closed Thread