Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get your body ready because 29 is no different. Bonds costs too much mana, even with good gear. Duration is crap, and resists are high. You'll still be root nuking and grouping til more like 34.

And you're gonna need a flux staff or life will be even harder trying to quad.
I wasn't much for quadding back on Live but the Staff of Temperate Flux makes it so much easier, it's not even funny. Highly recommended in groups as well.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

I have a 35 wizard and I find the Staff of Temperate flux is super handy for pulling for kite groups in open zones.

Typically I group this character with an enchanter and a druid, so a charm pet or two, some dots and fear is how they kill. I'll throw in stuns for charm breaks, nukes when possible and spam my staff so when fear breaks the mob comes after me (don't want the enc wearing too many hats). When pulling I tag with the staff and spam it until I run out of spell range then I can gate back to camp and med while waiting for inc.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Skeleton

Hermit in South Karana is pretty good afk spot 20-28, might be a bit tough till 22-23 though. 24+ he is cake, don't even need SoW, just put Leatherskin on and tank him when root breaks.
20-23 I start with nuke, run away, root and nuke again. 24+ begin with root, nuke as needed and either tank or re-root if it breaks. Takes 3 nukes to send him running below 20%.

So-so exp but he pops every 2 mins so can chain kill him till oom, then afk 10 mins and kill again. Sometimes a werewolf or a clops comes over and kills you but only happened to me twice in like 10 hours of sitting there.
Last edited by Daena; 05-12-2015 at 06:45 AM..
Old 05-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did 8-12 in EC killing whatever I could, accepting whatever buffs I could find. At 12 I bought my level 20 self port spells, my level 16 spells, and went to Kurns tower. Very fast soloing and grouping to level 20. At 20 I obtained my staff of temporal Flux and started quadding Craig spiders in EK to 26. I used sow pots or begged for a sow. At 26 I went to everfrost to quad mammoths, but these aren't really viable anymore. Instead I would quad beetles in NK, centaurs or gnolls in SK, or sisters on sister island in OoT to 34ish. At 34 head to FV and quad pirates to 40. 40 head to OT and do trash at sky fire zone entrance to 44, or stay in FV and do drolvargs to 44. I then did DL from 44 to 51 fairly quickly.

You don't really need snare until you start using the level 34 aoe spell. The lower level spells cast quickly enough to out run the mobs chasing you. You really want the staff of temporal Flux though, it makes judging distances much much easier. You'll also need a steady source of sow.

Hope this helps.
Scythe beetles are seemingly rare to find. At least when I was looking for them. Perhaps they have an area where they roam the most?

SoW pots are a tad spendy for a new character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2015, 02:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did 8-12 in EC killing whatever I could, accepting whatever buffs I could find. At 12 I bought my level 20 self port spells, my level 16 spells, and went to Kurns tower. Very fast soloing and grouping to level 20. At 20 I obtained my staff of temporal Flux and started quadding Craig spiders in EK to 26. I used sow pots or begged for a sow. At 26 I went to everfrost to quad mammoths, but these aren't really viable anymore. Instead I would quad beetles in NK, centaurs or gnolls in SK, or sisters on sister island in OoT to 34ish. At 34 head to FV and quad pirates to 40. 40 head to OT and do trash at sky fire zone entrance to 44, or stay in FV and do drolvargs to 44. I then did DL from 44 to 51 fairly quickly.

You don't really need snare until you start using the level 34 aoe spell. The lower level spells cast quickly enough to out run the mobs chasing you. You really want the staff of temporal Flux though, it makes judging distances much much easier. You'll also need a steady source of sow.

Hope this helps.
A lot of this is along the lines I went. Did crag spiders 21-25 or so, did aviaks at kfc and gnolls at split paw spires after that till about 30 but found gnolls over camped and aviaks started greening out. So I headed to Rathe mountains and did giant skellies from 30 to 33 near the lake rathe zone, great xp and hardly any competition. 34-37 pirates in FV gave 8% a quad. 37 - 46 OT starting with the lower trash at sf ramp then moving up to the higher trash. 47 & 48 various brutes and lower level drolvargs outside KC then I did 49 & 50 on Glacier Yetis from the glacier yeti tunnel, pull them out and quad them off to the south on the flat ice field. 51-53 ravishing/ rager drolvargs at KC ent. Pull the 3 near the ent and find another out in the field, quad them on the east wall. If drolvargs are being killed do hornets in bw, more of a pain but never contested. 54+ raptors in TD.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Just hit 23, Been grouping in MM.

Might try my hand at Soloing this weekend..maybe gars in OOT, or Mammonths in EF..idk trying to get some pp.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Aviak

Just hit 29 a day ago. Traveled to SK to try out Centaurs and Aviaks. Centaurs were either green or yellow. All the blue cons (coursers) were hard to find so that didn't work and headed to Aviaks. Same story here, all the blue con aviaks (rooks and harriers) were hard to find. All I saw were Egrets, Darters(greens) and Avocets(yellow).

Decided to move to Rathe Mountains for Giant Skeletons. Much easier to kill (fewer hp) and they dropped a bit of plat. Going to call this my downtime spot while I'm sending tells across zones for groups(the benefit of being a wizard so you aren't wasting time /ooc LFG in a zone). It is great to be able to zip around when needed to fill in that last group spot(pretty common as a wizard to be 6th person). I'm doing single target nuke and root for now since I don't own JBoots and can't toss 100pp per SoW pot (need to save plat for spells/gear). Getting some xp is better than nothing. Pretty boring soloing as a wizard but it works...

Hope this helps.

P.S. Also picked up some decent tip plat for fast EC ports(bonus!)
Last edited by thewrush; 05-21-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Update ...

So I started to lvl in EC 1-12, because you get Clarity and Sow easy at tunnel, then you just cast your best nuke and run away and keep doing that, It goes faster this way then in a group. Then this is the different part, I looked at the exp bonus in zones and thought that Kurns would be the best, I took the boat from Oasis to OT then ran from there to WW then to FOB then bound then lvled at Kurns to 12- 20.

Before you head over to Kurns buy your 16 spells, which should only be a couple, and one of your lvl 20 teleport spells, the idea is going to be level at kurns until 20 then teleport your self out. I think this is the best way to go around it (As a bonus there is a great wand that drops in there if your lucky enough to get it.)

As of now i am at 20 Looking to move on.