Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Wizards on Red

I've been looking for info or anecdotes about wizards in high level PvP. I have yet to find anything. So if anyone has any perspectives on what it's like to play a wizard in pvp or to play against them, i would love to hear it. Particularly what it's like now and how it will likely be when velious is released (based on experience from live back in the day).

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Wizards are fragile, if you see one and know its a wizard (everyone has /anon up)... generally a good idea to kill it early in group pvp.

You'll need jboots/peggy cloak/see invis item/decent resist gear whatever you play, but definitely on a wizard. Wizards work best by literally dropping nukes on people. If you've played in City of Mist on red or anywhere outdoors you'll know a lot of wizards levitate or stay perched up away from the ground and nuke to win.

The Z axis is your friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard is the class I chose for Red. I'll say one thing that's good about them, they have a ton of escape spells early on. Z Axis IS your friend, especially when using Shadow Step. If you're a carebear like me the Wizard is a great choice. You can run away from all the fights.
That being said, I think my wizard is only 14 so YMMV.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you guys for your insight.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Fire Giant

Wizards get destroyed in Velious because of all the easily acquired resist/hp gear. Even just wearing blue diamond stuff you can get to 150+ in MR/CR/FR. I would not start one now if I were you.
Closed Thread