Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure where you're getting this but I'm pretty sure no zone in P99 has ZEM that good.
Reference: http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List

Note: 100% is considered standard exp. 200% is 100%(standard)+100%(ZEM mod)=200%(Modified Exp)

Correct me if I'm wrong but with 75 being the standard 100% exp, zones with 150 ZEM would be 200% (Highkeep, Upper Guk, Kurns), there are two zones higher at 160 ZEM (Crushbone and Befallen) which is 206.67%, and I was wrong on Najena. Assuming my methodology is correct Najena is a 130 ZEM zone which would put it at 186.67% (along with other 130 ZEM zones Sola and Unrest).

Again if I'm wrong I'd be curious where I'm erring.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reference: http://wiki.project1999.com/Recommen...s_and_ZEM_List

Note: 100% is considered standard exp. 200% is 100%(standard)+100%(ZEM mod)=200%(Modified Exp)

Correct me if I'm wrong but with 75 being the standard 100% exp, zones with 150 ZEM would be 200% (Highkeep, Upper Guk, Kurns), there are two zones higher at 160 ZEM (Crushbone and Befallen) which is 206.67%, and I was wrong on Najena. Assuming my methodology is correct Najena is a 130 ZEM zone which would put it at 186.67% (along with other 130 ZEM zones Sola and Unrest).

Again if I'm wrong I'd be curious where I'm erring.
Your interpretation makes sense; you're erring in the assumption that that list means anything. The ZEMs for P99 aren't public, and the ones in that list are from some other source (maybe the public EQEmu list). Definitely don't treat it as gospel. For example, I could kill an orc centurion in Greater Faydark, then go into Crushbone and kill an orc centurion of the same level. Do I get over twice as much EXP? Hell no. It's more like 25% bonus EXP if that. Look at the actual amount your EXP slider moves when you kill monsters of the same level in different zones; don't trust that list.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your interpretation makes sense; you're erring in the assumption that that list means anything. The ZEMs for P99 aren't public, and the ones in that list are from some other source (maybe the public EQEmu list). Definitely don't treat it as gospel. For example, I could kill an orc centurion in Greater Faydark, then go into Crushbone and kill an orc centurion of the same level. Do I get over twice as much EXP? Hell no. It's more like 25% bonus EXP if that. Look at the actual amount your EXP slider moves when you kill monsters of the same level in different zones; don't trust that list.
I agree with you that the list is speculation. Now I want to take a level X, put him against 5 even mobs in both zones, record starting and ending percentages and develop an actual ZEM list..

First step? You'd need a reference zone to compare all other zones to, preferably one that shared its ZEM with as many zones as possible.

--

As far as bonus, its effect is quite massive, anyone whose farmed Highkeep will tell you nothing compares 20-34 and 51-55, same goes with the other high ZEM zones. So while the list might not be correct to the multiplier, I think the scaling is at least appropriate as far as which zone's ZEM is superior. Til then I guess my percentages are just a reference to the relative superiority of zone multipliers.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with you that the list is speculation. Now I want to take a level X, put him against 5 even mobs in both zones, record starting and ending percentages and develop an actual ZEM list..

First step? You'd need a reference zone to compare all other zones to, preferably one that shared its ZEM with as many zones as possible.

--

As far as bonus, its effect is quite massive, anyone whose farmed Highkeep will tell you nothing compares 20-34 and 51-55, same goes with the other high ZEM zones. So while the list might not be correct to the multiplier, I think the scaling is at least appropriate as far as which zone's ZEM is superior. Til then I guess my percentages are just a reference to the relative superiority of zone multipliers.
Sure, they're good as a general guideline, though you shouldn't be surprised if the wiki list claims that a certain dungeon has a better ZEM than another dungeon, but on p99 it's the opposite.

Also, I'd love it if someone actually did the kind of research you mentioned here. Would be very cool. Though I'm sure the devs would fiddle with the ZEMs a bit once it became public knowledge.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

What is the recommended dungeon to level in after 20?
Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the recommended dungeon to level in after 20?
Solo/Duo
If it has to be a dungeon.. I'd say Mistmoore, charming the low entrance mobs and battling them against one another. Problem is overcrowding is a common theme there. Few casters, easy to zone if things go bad. Fairly good pull sizes, 1, 2, and 3 mobs.

Unrest is a bit more dangerous with the root proccing mobs and close quarters/difficult pulls.

Upper Guk has plenty of suitable areas but I don't know the zone well enough to recommend them. Crocs? Shrooms? Frogs?

Outdoor alternatives?
My personal recommendation would be Lake of Ill Omen near the windmill.

Otherwise, the Karanas might be good, I don't know them at all so I can't recommend them but it seems like people have luck there.

Rathe Mountains perhaps? Not sure what level those skeletons are.

Trio/Group
Highkeep is #1 in my opinion, first its homey, warm, good atmosphere. Second, has one of the highest ZEMs in EQ. Aside from all that, goblins raise Rivervale faction if you need that, the zone has merchants that sell to evils, guards that you can escape to, melees can bind, and I think wizards can train there? A few enchanter spells are only sold here also. Once you are level 23-24 iirc, you can begin to weaponize and charm Osargen for your groups DPS. Its ridiculous. The first really OP pet you come across in EQ. Good proximity to EC so picking up new group mates is fairly easy. Overall good zone.

Otherwise if you need elf faction or you just like Mistmoore you can go there.

Outdoor Alternatives?
Warslik Woods is a popular place around the giant fort.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Some things I've done so far in red to make some cash:

Head to WK and fight bandits from 12-15. They drop bronze and bandit sashes which can be exchanged for bronze. Made about 100p there (on red so consider it half the time) and was able to afford most of my spells for the next level.

I did the Blackburrow method to get to 12 but IMO it's too fast and doesn't generate any cash. Not good for just starting out.

Also Najena - that place is an abortion. Barely any cash drops just a high zem. Again, levelling quickly is great but if you can't afford your next spells you'd best take some time to farm some pp.

Still a top notch guide.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Yumyums, can you give some input on solo leveling? I have a 20 enc and I am looking for some input.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

bump for griso