Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Same for me , but only EC, everything else seems to work fine.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Kobold

i hang up and can't get past the toon select screen. once in a blue moon, i get in, and everything works perfect for any random amount of hours, then i die, or zone, or gate, and i lock up, reboot, and then when i get back to the toon select, lock up city.

I run windows xp, sp3, i have used process explorer to toggle my affinity, i have download and ran wineq2, and none of this seems to help.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Aviak

ever since i changed my UI, i have been crashing within 5 minutes of log in/game play...not to main screen or anything just a black screen whcih eventually turns to (not responding) from there i just close EQ manually and throw a few punches at the PC.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Well, I can't login to my character due to massive freezing. Everytime I login to my character parked in ec he dc's and I have to restattt my comp
Old 10-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Great for everyday use

Great for everyday use.I'm impressed by the qualitty of materials ( leather and lining). Could use another pocket or two on inside. Strap is very comfortable. I own three of these nowuggs on saleUGG Bailey Button bootsUGG Classic Tall bootsUGG 5116 MayfaireUGG Classic Mini boots
Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

seems to be a vista issue as stated above. On my main box win 7 quad core hp the game runs fantastic GF plays on that one im on the couch with her laptop and its running vista i pray when I zone also. I get booted to loggin screen. i run it under xp sp2 compatibility with no anti virus to get best results im good for about a dozen zonings before i crash
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

ok I'm back. I reloaded "Doorstop" with Win 7 and no more crashing while zoning. seems to have been a vista issue indeed.

Now to see if I can get the "Do-nothing" (broken alienware laptop) working again....
Last edited by Engraverwilliam; 10-20-2010 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 11-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Large Rat

Hiya all, im having a lot of zone crashing. Sometimes i down go down on around 2 hours but other times i get lost conection all time i zone, i have this problems using Wineq2, without it, using affinity mode, without it. I use Win7 64bits, but i take that's problems using Win7 32bits too.

My hardware its the next: AMD Phenom II X4 945 processor (3.00 Ghz~); 4,00 gb ram ddr3(1333); ati radeon 5850 HD.

Thanks for the help and sorry for my english))
Old 11-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Aviak

Finally my problem with the game frozing comes from my Wi-Fi router's firewall.

I just uncheck the "Firewall enabled" option when I zone, and put it back up when the zoning is over.

No more crash. Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Crashing while zoning.

Hey all, I am new to this server. The same thing applies to me as what Taamas said before:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean,

I'm having the freezing problem while zoning as well, causing me to alt f4 out and restart the game. I'm also having a problem on the server select, and character select screens. After typing in login credentials, I'll get a blank server selection screen sometimes, forcing me to log out and back in. Sometimes I have to do this multiple times. When I do finally get servers to come up, and pick P99, I'll get to char select screen. However, sometimes after choosing my character, I'll never load into the game, it just freezes at the char select screen. I tie this problem and the zoning problem together, as I think it's the same concept (zoning from one zone to another vs. zoning into the game = zoning). The server select part just baffles me.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry for copying your words, Taamas, just showing that the same things are happening. I also don't have that dbg.txt file, I have a dpg. something file, it isn't a text file. So I cannot copy the debug log anyway. Hope this gets resolved. I keep crashing when I zone from butcherblock back to Everfrost, but have not crashed while zoning in to butcherblock...only out. Thank you for your time and all the work you have put into this server. It is pretty darn cool.

Kilitan - Shaman