Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except for the fact that many players from live completely ignored shout because it was a flaming red, obnoxious color.
Your opinion, far from fact.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted Yes. Its a classic server.

/OOC is useless as it is currently implemented.

/AUCTION would be far more useful per-zone. Right now -> "Oooh, that's a good deal. You're where??? nm."
Yoooou are going to put a halt to my porting business
Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Im new, lvl 15, not in a guild and havent made any real contacts here. I leveled in Blackburrow where we regularly had people to group with. I uprooted and ventured to Freeport because it was the trading hub of Norrath. I hunt in Oasis like everyone else in the area and I have done just fine not using the world ooc or auc. I may be a newbie to P99, but I voted "yes" because I also tire of having to read through the lines of garbage to see someone say something meaningful. Pull the trigger, Nilbog. Its time.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I've made quite a few posts opposing turning off global channels, but I want to clarify my stance.

I would absolutely LOVE to see the server have enough people for global channels to be turned off, I would LOVE to see EC tunnel return, I would love to have the feeling of isolation vs. social immersion that comes with going from secluded areas to bustling cities, but I do not believe the population is at that point yet. During peak hours it's probably close, but peak hours only make up a small part of the day. I don't see how anything could happen other than people congregating around small handfuls of zones even worse than it happens now.

So, as it is now, I firmly oppose turning the channels off, BUT I would 100% LOVE to see the population get a bit higher to where turning them off would be more viable.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

I'd say this is all but a done deal at this point.

R.I.P. Global chat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kobold

I already posted but was reading the /ooc firestorm over all this. Only one point really seems valid and its the same one President brought up earlier. I just wonder what a lack of global /ooc will do to already uninhabited zones. It's not something I have seen addressed up to this point.
Project Manager

Probably make them like classic. Feel out in the wilderness? Working as intended.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Can there be some sort of compromise? Like a joinable global channel?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably make them like classic. Feel out in the wilderness? Working as intended.
At no time in classic were NK/EK/WK, all of Qeynos, Erudion and Toxx COMPLETELY EMPTY like they were for me Sunday night when I ran through them.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At no time in classic were NK/EK/WK, all of Qeynos, Erudion and Toxx COMPLETELY EMPTY like they were for me Sunday night when I ran through them.
People are intoxicated by the thought of classic, but they keep forgetting how much of a population difference there is.
Closed Thread